This matched stereo pair of AKG C214 Studio Condenser Microphones is designed to provide a cost-effective alternative to the dual-diaphragm C414 studio microphone. AKG's computer-aided stereo matching process tests thousands of individual microphones to find a perfectly matched pair.
Each C214 delivers the pristine sound reproduction of the classic condenser microphone, in a single-pattern cardioid design. The cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback which is suitable for vocal and instrument recording. Additional features include a -20dB Pad switch for maximizing headroom when capturing transient-rich sources such as guitar cabinets and drums. A low-cut filter switch is provided for minimizing hum and low-frequency noise.
The mics are designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria and feature all-metal die-cast bodies with a stylish finish that is resistant to shocks and scratches. The mics come complete with spider-type shock mounts, stand adapters, windscreens, a stereo pair certificate, and a metal carrying case.
- Matched Stereo Pair
- The mics are paired using a computer-aided matching method, where thousands of mics are tested to find the best correlation of frequency response and sensitivity. This provides natural, accurate stereo recordings
- Large Diaphragm
- The large diaphragm provides a wide dynamic range and very low noise
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback from nearby instruments and speakers
- -20dB Pad Switch
- A -20dB Pad switch maximizes headroom and minimizes distortion when capturing transient-rich signals
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off
- A low-frequency roll-off switch minimizes hum and low frequency noise
- Professional Build Quality
- Each mic is designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria and features an all-metal die-cast body with a shock-and-scratch-resistant finish
- Accessories Included
- The kit includes spider-type shock mounts, stand adapters, windscreens, a stereo pair certificate, and a metal carrying case