The MXO2 LE with MAX (Laptop) from Matrox is designed to provide all the features of an I/O card in a sturdy, portable breakout box. It features both professional audio and video connectivity. The device can easily be moved among laptops in your facility or in the field as the need arises. This model is designed for use with either PC or Mac laptops.
This model features Matrox MAX, a technology that implements faster than real-time H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished more quickly and system resources are liberated for other tasks. This technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.
This solution offers broadcast-quality audio & video input and output. Calibration controls include blue-only. You also benefit from a wide variety of HD and SD workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro thanks to Matrox MXO2 LE's 10-bit hardware up/down/cross scaling engine and support for a wide variety of file-based formats and industry-standard codecs.
Note! A different host bus adapter is required for use with a desktop unit and may be purchased separately or as a part of a different MXO2 desktop solution.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 support for Mac OSX to be available in early November 2010.
- Key Features
- Works with PCs or Intel-based MacBook Pros
- Fits in your laptop bag
- 4-pin XLR power connector for AC or field battery operation
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit real-time hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs: HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to virtually all codecs, including Apple ProRes 422 HQ and 10-bit uncompressed HD
- File-based workflow support - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
- RED workflow support
- HD-SDI closed captioning support
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support from Matrox
- Matrox MXO2 LE is portable I/O device for a PC or Mac. It fits into your laptop bag and connects directly to standard field batteries or the included AC power adapter. It connects to your laptop via the supplied PCI Express adapter card.
- HD and SD Inputs & Outputs
- Matrox MXO2 LE features professional inputs and outputs. RS-422 machine control is provided for frame-accurate capture and print-to tape with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. A 4-pin XLR power connection is provided for AC or field battery operation. Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs, HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog are supported.
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD trilevel sync genlock. It can genlock to any type of video input or to house sync. Timing offset controls can be used to align your video output relative to your external genlock source to compensate for cable delays within your facility.
- Capture to a Variety of Codecs
- Matrox MXO2 LE lets you capture to HD and SD codecs supported by Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro. On a Quad-Core MacPro, you can capture HD to ProRes 422 HQ, DVCPRO HD, DV, DVCPRO, and DVCPRO50. On systems equipped with proper storage you can capture uncompressed 8- and 10-bit HD.
- File-Based Formats
- Matrox MXO2 LE lets you work with file-based formats such as XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, and P2HD. You can play out these formats directly from Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. No intermediate codec is needed. Matrox MXO2 LE lets you play out these formats from a laptop without dropping frames.
- RED Workflow
- RED users can benefit from Matrox MXO2 LE to capture, monitor, and playback on set. Back in the post suite, they can use Matrox MXO2 LE to work with 1K and 2K RED timelines and output to SD, 720, or 1080 via MXO2 LE's real-time 10-bit hardware scaling feature.
- HD-SDI Closed-Captioning Support
- You will no longer need to spend time and money recreating HD captioning data that is typically lost when editing projects. Matrox MXO2 LE offers a unique workflow to capture, playback, and preserve closed captioning data while editing. Nothing is destroyed even when trimming or color correcting video clips. In addition, Matrox has worked with CPC, the closed captioning software leader, to develop an innovative solution that allows the MacCaption software to encode, decode, edit, and create HD and SD closed captioning for use with Matrox MXO2 LE. Matrox MXO2 LE also provides a cost effective way to monitor HD timelines containing closed captioning data on SDI and component SD monitors, while also inserting closed captioning information into line 21 of active video for SD deliverables. You can deliver HD and SD masters containing closed captions simultaneously.
- HD & SD Video Monitoring
- Matrox MXO2 LE turns your HDMI monitor into a true-color video display you can trust, even for color grading. It's packed with features that make it the ideal monitoring solution for Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects, and other QuickTime-based applications. You won't need to buy expensive HD monitoring equipment. In addition, MXO2 LE's real-time downscaling feature lets you view your HD projects on an SD monitor.
- HDMI Monitoring with 10-bit 4:2:2 Color Precision
- Matrox MXO2 LE lets you adjust and control your HDMI monitor exactly like you would a broadcast HD/SD monitor. Controls for hue, chroma, contrast, brightness, and blue-only are provided. This unique control gives you accurate color representation so that you can use your HDMI monitor even for color grading.
- Pixel-to-Pixel Mapping on HDMI Display
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides 1:1 pixel mapping on HDMI monitors that support this feature.
- Real-Time Conversion, Capture & Output
- Matrox MXO2 LE lets you deliver in any format your clients demand. The 10-bit hardware scaling provides high-quality mastering.
- HD to SD Downscaling
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides real-time HD to SD downscaling with proper conversion of the HD color space to the SD color space and proper aspect ratio conversion to anamorphic, letterbox, and center cut. You can monitor or record an SD master of your HD project in real-time.
- SD to HD Upscaling
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides real-time SD to HD upscaling with proper conversion of the SD color space to the HD color space. MXO2 LE will "pillarbox" 4:3 footage and scale 16:9 SD footage to full screen.
- Cross Conversion
- Matrox MXO2 LE offers real-time cross conversions from 720 to 1080 and 1080 to 720. Real-time frame rate conversion is also supported with 2:3:2:3 and 2:3:3:2 cadences. This feature is useful if, for example, your source material is recorded at a different frame rate or resolution than the delivery format your client requires. It also facilitates monitoring when, for example, you need to work with 23.98 fps footage but your monitor does not support that frame rate. You can use MXO2 LE's real-time frame rate conversion to view your project at 29.97 fps. Conversion from 23.98 fps to 25 fps is handled by your NLE and the host.
- Faster than real-time creation of H.264 files supports resolutions ranging from iPod to HD at bitrates up to 50Mbps. MAX technology is designed to save you time.
A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks. Matrox MAX offloads CPU-intensive encoding tasks to a dedicated hardware engine to crunch out your files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices, without sacrificing quality. The Matrox MAX hardware engine offers sophisticated encoding capabilities such as:
- Baseline and main profile encoding algorithms
- CABAC entropy encoding for high quality
- CAVLC entropy encoding for mobile devices
- High-quality scaling with de-interlacing
- Color space conversions: HD to SD, SD to HD, RGB to YUV
- GOP structure controls
- Bitrate controls from 100Kbps to 50Mbps
- Accelerated encoding is available for Blu-ray, PS3, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices, including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including 2K files.
Direct integration is available with Apple Compressor to let you quickly create H.264 files for Blu-ray, PS3, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone, and iPod. You can take advantage of all the familiar settings in your favorite application or use the Matrox MAX presets or customize your own. As an added benefit, Matrox MAX technology lets you directly export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor. A growing list of presets are available, including:
- HD 1080i, 1080p, 720p
- NTSC, PAL
- Apple TV
- Customizable settings can be easily created to meet special needs
- Matrox MAX technology is also accessible to all applications that support the QuickTime codec component, such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and QuickTime. You get delivery of H.264 files at resolutions from iPod to HD directly from the application.
- Matrox MAX technology lets you create Blu-ray H.264 video files directly from Compressor that can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 or Roxio Toast 10 and burned without re-encoding. To create a Blu-ray disc without Matrox MAX technology, you typically rely on your authoring application and your system CPU to re-encode your project into a Blu-ray compliant file.
- Support is available for Apple Qmaster to take advantage of multiple systems with a Matrox MAX processing engine for distributed encoding across a network.