In Dazzling Photoshop: How to Create Masterpieces in Photoshop Jim shows all the techniques he uses to create some of his favorite Photoshop images and will have you creating your own dazzling Photoshop masterpieces. Even though Jim starts at the beginning, this DVD is not just for beginners. Because Photoshop can't be taught in a linear fashion like mathematics, Jim quickly gets into very creative techniques that intermediate and advanced Photoshop users will love to learn. In this DVD, Jim uses CS4. However, this program is designed to help users of any version of Photoshop because it focuses on techniques rather than teaching a specific version of Photoshop. This is a DVD-ROM for computer playback.
About the Author: Jim Zuckerman is a master at inspiring photographers to constantly think outside the box, and he will expand your creative horizons beyond what you thought possible. Jim has been doing special effect photography since 1969, and when Photoshop came along he fell in love with it because he realized there are virtually no limits to its creative potential.
- Introduction & Actions:
- Jim introduces his goals for this program and teaches how to create custom actions in the action palette to help speed up your workflow
- Jim shows a simple technique he uses to mirror an image, creating a snowflake pattern from a picture of a tree. It is a great technique with many potential applications to creating very interesting nature abstracts.
- Mountain Lion:
- Learn how to turn an image into a poster art silhouette. Jim transforms an image of a Mountain Lion into an eye-popping silhouette.
- Jim has always been interested in creating surrealism in his images. He shows all the steps he uses to create a reflective bubble within an image.
- Combining two images with blend modes is one of the keys to creating real-looking composite images in Photoshop. See how Jim transforms a photo of a helicopter he shot flying over his home into an explosive battleground scene.
- Tall Ship:
- Often the conditions for capturing spectacular images just are not right. Jim shows how he combines a dramatic seascape with a shot of a tall ship, turning an average picture into a real masterpiece.
- One of Jim's favorite subjects is dinosaurs. Watch as he creates a photo-realistic image of dinosaurs in a landscape using models he photographed in his home.
- The Taj:
- The Taj Mahal has been photographed from every conceivable angle. See how Jim overcomes this and creates a never before seen angle on the Taj Mahal in Photoshop.
- Jim creates an image that he conceived years ago but was unable to shoot in a traditional way. Combining several photos, Jim puts together one of his favorite shots of two knights in a foggy forest.
- Doggy Bag:
- In this pre-conceived composite image, Jim uses a combination of techniques to create a realistic looking photograph of a puppy in a shopping bag