This is the Zylight Z90 LED DP Kit. The Z90 head packs 230 Hi-leds (high-density light emitting diode) into 1 square inch panel which produces a remarkably soft 60° beam.
The 1-100% dimming head offers almost unheard of control of light quality via 3 output modes. White Mode allows selection of 3200K or 5600K white light, while Color Mode enables the user to tweak the red/green/blue hue and adjust the saturation of it. In Gel Mode the Z90 outputs white light with color temperature control from 2500K-9000K as well as +/- green color correction control.
Built-in ZyLink technology allows ganging multiple units together using simple communication and function control as if they were a single unit, from as much as 30' (9 m) away.
The Z90 has (2) 1/4"-20 sockets for mounting onto the camera or light supports using dedicated Zylight accessories. Included in the kit are:
Worldwide AC Adapter: Accommodates voltages from 100-240VAC and features a 6' (1.8 m) DC power cord with twist-locking collar and a detachable 10' (1.8 m) AC cord. The 2-prong US plug requires an appropriate adapter when used outside North America.
Accessory Adapter: Allows the use of popular sized 3" (7.6 cm) light shaping tools like soft box speed rings and barn doors, to the front of the light.
Tilting Stand Adapter: Threads onto the Z90 via its 1/4"-20 thumbwheel screw. The adapter tilts approximately 100° and mounts on a 5/8" (16 mm) stand stud.
Zylight 5/8" (16 mm) Stud Mount: The lightweight, brushed aluminum stud fits into any griphead, stand or accessory with a 5/8" female receiver. The 1/4"-20 screw threads into either of the Z90's mounts. A hole in the shaft facilitates tightening and loosening.
- HD-led Module
- At the heart of every Zylight is a next-generation High-Density light-emitting diode (HD-led) module that packs multiple high-power LED elements into a single square inch.
- LED Control
- Zylight's patented control circuitry and built-in microprocessor automatically compensate for small variations in voltage, current, and temperature and continually adjust the HD-led module to ensure stable, flicker-free output over the entire dimming range for years of reliable operation.
- High Output
- Zylight's HD-led module has no lensing, maximizing the amount of useful light with only a protective window between the LEDs and your subject.
- White Mode
- This mode is used to select 3200K or 5600K white light.
- Gel Mode
- In Gel Mode the Z90 outputs white light with color temperature control from 2500K-9000K as well as +/- green color correction control.
- Color Mode
- In color mode you can adjust both the color and the saturation of the Z90 via convenient thumbwheels. One thumbwheel adjusts the hue and the other the saturation of that hue.
- Even Pattern
- The Z90's HD-led module casts 60° of beautifully soft light. Other LED lights use inferior bulbs, creating an uneven pattern of hot and cold spots.
- Built-in ZyLink
- Built-in ZyLink technology allows you to wirelessly link together multiple Zylights to create a soft LED source as large as you need. Zylights that are linked together act in concert as if they were one unified LED source, with adjustments made on one light changing all lights in the group even at a distance of up to 30' (9 m) from each other.
- Engineered Tough
- Zylight's engineers have designed every Zylight to perform under the toughest of conditions.
- Fully Calibrated
- Zylights function like computers that make light. Every Zylight undergoes a detailed multi-point calibration at the factory, and the internal microprocessor continuously adjusts the output during use so you can set it and forget it.
- Tested & Certified
- Rest assured that the every Zylight is backed by solid engineering with multiple governmental approvals to prove it.