This Series 5000 Mounting Ring Set from Meade is comprised of two 160 mm rings with a 3-point adjustment-screw system. These rings are designed to be attached to an LX200/LX90 or other ACF/SCT telescopes via one of Meade's accessory dovetail mounting plates.
The 3-point adjustment screws allow the user to mount a secondary scope such as a wide field refractor, or a photo guide scope, to the top of the OTA. These precision-machined screws ensure trouble free collimation of the second scope to the main scope. The tip of each screw is made of Delrin to protect the exterior finish of the optic.
The inside diameter of these rings measure 160 mm, and they're precision-machined from durable aluminum alloy. The exterior sports a black anodized finish, and all joining surfaces have been chamfered/filleted to remove sharp corners and edges. Each ring has a quick-adjustment locking base that is compatible with Meade's accessory dovetail plates. The dovetail plates are available separately - each plate is dedicated for use with a telescope of a specific diameter.
- Black anodized finish
- Precision-milled aluminum construction
- Delrin tips protect secondary optic's exterior finish
- Attachment system is compatible with Meade's dovetail mounting plates
- Joining surfaces chamfered/filleted to eliminate sharp corners and edges
- Designed for use with Meade's LX200, LX90, and other ACF/SCT telescopes