The WXGA-resolution Sony Bravia VPL-BW7 3LCD Home Theater Front Projector packs a lot of big projector features into a surprisingly lightweight and affordable package.
Most home theater projectors are set up in permanent installations but at only seven pounds you might find yourself moving your VPL-BW7 from room to room or even bringing it to work. Its 2000 lumens of projection power at a 1000:1 contrast ratio certainly make it suitable for a wide variety of venues. Thanks to its 0.59" 3LCD BrightEra Projection Panels it creates vivid lifelike images in fine detail. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. But Sony has improved it with its BrightEra technology, which offers even higher brightness with improved reliability, increased contrast and reduced flicker.
Of course the VPL-BW7 has the features you've come to expect from a high-quality home theater projector. It can display 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition images.
Just about any projector nowadays can project in high definition. But most have only analog composite or component video inputs. They're not bad but they're not HDMI, the all digital signal path that keeps your picture pristine, pure and crisp from your source (cable or satellite box or Blu-ray player) to your projector. HDMI ports are not standard equipment on all projectors yet and they're all but unheard of on a projector this affordable.
The VPL-BW7's international capabilities include being able to project NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60 and SECAM signals. It also has a world-ready 100 to 240 volt AC 50/60 Hz power supply. And it offers your choice 16 languages for its onscreen display (OSD).
- 2000 ANSI Lumens
- The Sony VPL-BW7 emits 2000 lumens that produce a bright picture, giving you the flexibility to have your big screen viewing experience in virtually any lighting situation, even if you can't achieve movie theater darkness. By combining a new generation of inorganic LCD panels that utilize Sony BrightEra technology with a powerful 190 watt lamp, this projector is excellent at bringing your presentations to life.
- Up to a 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- A 1000:1 contrast ratio enhances your viewing experience with detailed and clear images in bright scenes and deeper black levels in darker scenes.
- Sony BrightEra Technology
- Because the VPL-BW7 uses a 3LCD projection system, projected images are bright and natural. 3LCD is a projection system using three LCD panels (also known as high-temperature polysilicon or HTPS). This system provides high light transmission and excellent color reproduction. It also provides smooth gradients in dark areas, and even helps prevent color breakup.
- 12-bit 3D Gamma Correction
- The VPL-BW7 incorporates 12-bit 3D Gamma Correction circuitry to perform highly accurate gamma correction, achieving uniform image color and brightness that extends right to the corners of the screen.
- HDMI All-Digital Connectivity Plus PC Input
- The VPL-BW7 has an HDMI input keeping the signal in pure digital form from your source (cable or satellite box or Blu-ray disc) to the projector. It also has a computer RGB input so you can hook it up to your PC or Mac.
- 720p 3LCD (1280 x 800) WXGA
- 3 LCD chips deliver crystal clear WXGA (1280 x 800) 720p HD theater-like resolution. (The VPL-BW7 can also scale 1080i and 1080p images.)
- Video Noise Reduction
- The VPL-BW7 has a Video Noise Reduction function that reduces unwanted picture artifacts giving you a clearer and more natural viewing experience.
- ±30° Auto Keystone Correction
- Allows the projector to be placed in different locations without distorting the image, making set up easier.