The Visual Effects Producer - Here's a book written by two experts in the field who, combined, have years of experienced in visual effects. This total and comprehensive guide to the subject provides not only tips and techniques but interviews with successful Hollywood VFX producers about their career paths and how they got to where they are now.
The book takes you from pre to post production. Budgeting, schedules and universal techniques are covered. You'll also find forms which you can use for your own projects.
About the Author: Charles Finance, Visual Effects Producer for George of the Jungle, The Arrival, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and Dune.
Susan Zwerman, Hollywood VFX Producer, credits include The Guardian, Alien Resurrection, Men of Honor, Broken Arrow.
- Preproduction planning
- Evaluating vendors and the bidding process
- Effective data management
- Working on-set, off-set, or overseas
- Dealing with changes in post-production
- Legal issues (contracts, insurance, business ethics), and more