The OctoPre MkII from Focusrite is an 8-channel microphone/line/instrument preamplifier with built-in 24-bit/96 kHz ADAT output. The unit is a powerful input upgrade for a Pro Tools LE or M-Powered system, any other digital audio workstation, an analog or digital console, or a stand-alone hard disk recorder.
The first 2 of the front panel inputs feature XLR combi connectors that accept microphone, line and Hi-Z inputs, the latter suitable for recording guitar or bass. Phantom power is available in groups of 4 inputs, while each channel features a direct analog out and a 10dB pad to increase the preamp's headroom. Five LED input metering is available per channel.
- 8 high-quality Focusrite pre-amplifiers
- Built-in 8-channel 24-bit/96kHz digital ADAT output with a "real world" dynamic range performance of 110dB
- Designed not to clip, the OctoPre MkII is optimized for tracking drums and is able to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drums and snares
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs (DI) accessible on the front panel, ready for plugging in guitars and bass
- Fast-acting 5-LED input meters on every channel provide clear reference of input levels, helping you to avoid analog or digital clipping
- 10dB pads on every channel
- Direct outputs on every channel for routing and flexibility, especially in a live environment
- Each mic-pre can be routed to the mixer's analog channels, with 2 mirrored ADAT outputs (44.1kHz) left free to send to digital recorders
- +48V Phantom power available on every channel, switched in two groups (1 thru 4 and 5 thru 8)
- Internal digital clock delivers a jitter performance of <10 PPM
- For external clocks, a BNC connector is provided and industry-standard JetPLL jitter elimination technology is employed