The Epson Presenter has a lot of great features, but the one that makes you look twice is its built in DVD player. The DVD player is full-featured and even has Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound processors that offer an immersive audio image even if you're just using the 2 built-in 10W speakers. Of course you can use external speakers too.
To complement its sound output capabilities the Presenter has a microphone jack so you can narrate your presentations. (You supply the microphone.)
Epson didn't skimp on the projector either. It boasts 2500 ISO lumens at a 3000:1 contrast ratio. That's enough projection power to fill a medium to large room even if you can't present in movie theater darkness.
Versatility seems to have been the watchword of the Presenter's designers. In addition to 720p and 1080i high definition it can accept video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM international formats. The power supply is equally versatile. It can accept juice from 100-240VAC at 50/60 Hz.
The Presenter also features auto and manual keystone correction that can extend as far as ±30°.Its two USB inputs allow you to present directly from your computer or to display JPEG photos and listen to MP3 or WMA music. Not only is all this power and versatility available at a surprisingly affordable price, the Presenter is inexpensive to operate. Use it in Eco mode, and the life of Epson's bright and energy-efficient E-TORL lamp extends from a very respectable 4000 hours to a very uncommon 5000 hours. Fan noise drops from a low 33 dB to a whispering 29 dB.
- 2500 ISO Lumens and a 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
- You're got the projection power to present in a medium-to-large sized meeting room or lecture hall, or just watch high definition TV in your living room even with a fair amount of ambient light.
- Built-In DVD Player
- You read that right. This projector actually has a built-in DVD player with Dolby Digital and DTS for maximum presentation flexibility. In a classroom setting you might view a DVD and then conduct a presentation about what was just watched. In the office you can bring multimedia to new heights. And at home or anywhere else, you have one less piece of equipment with which to concern yourself.
- NTSC, PAL, SECAM, High Definition, International Power Supply
- This projector is ideal for permanent installation, but if you have to take it on the go it's good to know you can take it almost anywhere to make a presentation. It can accept and project signals in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL M, PAL N, PAL 60 and SECAM video standards. It can also project in 720p and 1024i and its 100 – 240VAC 50/60 Hz power supply will work almost everywhere too.
- Auto And Manual Keystone Correction
- Keystoning occurs when the projector lens isn't precisely aimed in a straight line at the projection surface, such as when you have it tilted up. In the vertical dimension the Presenter can correct ±11° automatically and up ±30° manually.
- Audio Options Abound
- The Presenter has two 10W speakers but it also has a coaxial digital audio out jack you could hook up to an AV amplifier, a 5.1 stereo surround sound system and many other kinds of audio equipment (available separately). It also has a microphone jack so you can narrate your presentations live and be assured that even people at the far end of the room can hear you clearly (microphone available separately).
- Energy Efficient Design Features E-TORL Lamp
- Epson's E-TORL design (Epson Twin Optimized Reflection Lamp is brighter and more energy efficient than conventional lamps. In normal mode it can last 4000 hours; that's better than some lamps can do in their energy-saving modes. The Presenter's Eco mode extends lamp life 25 percent to 5000 hours. Eco mode also lowers fan noise from a quiet 33 dB to a literally whisper quiet 29 dB. In standby mode the projector draws less than half a watt.
- USB Ports for Showing Pictures and Listening to Music
- The Presenter has both Type A and Type B USB slots. With the Type A slot you can insert a USB thumb drive to Play MP3, WMA and DivX videos and view JPEG pictures. The DVD player can also play these kinds of files. With the Type B slot you can connect your laptop computer to work with the same kinds of files or to present directly from your computer.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Whole Audience.
- Closed Captioning does more than allow you to meet Federal Code Section 508 compliance. It also ensures that your hard of hearing audience members will understand your presentation (when your program material provides closed captioning). It's also great for helping people for whom English is a second language and when presenting in a noisy environment.