The QOMO HiteVision Middle School Math Learning Bundle from Tool Factory is a set comprehensive lesson plans for middle school math students, covering a range of personal ability. The plans are designed to engage students in an interactive learning experience. The combination of software complemented by HiteVision's line of digital whiteboards creates a fun and engaging space for teachers and students, boosting participation and comprehension.
By providing a full line of helpful software, Hitevision is committed to extending the modes of learning into the 21st century and beyond. Explore Egypt and rural city environments using math skills as your guide. The blend of skills-development and games is the perfect supplemental collection of activities for middle school teaching.
This Bundle Includes:
- Flying Carpet
- Take The Flying Carpet on a magical journey through Egypt in search of your missing pet. The creators of the highly acclaimed Cheops' Pyramid and Chefren's Pyramid now offer this game-based math software for elementary students. The view from the Flying Carpet is so spectacular that young students will never look at math the same way again! Travel to the Nile River, Cairo, The Oasis, The Pyramids, and The Sphinx. A peculiar little fellow called Filuren will help students as they encounter all sorts of fun and rewarding math activities covering the following: math calculations, math with money, times, dates, geometry, measuring. Includes a "Flying Manager" where teachers can track student progress. 1
- Chefren's Pyramid
- You're lost in Chefren's Egyptian Pyramid, and the only way out is through the exit at the top. Encounter mental calculations, approximation challenges, problem solving, games, culture, and lots more as you make your escape. Subjects include: mental arithmetic, geometry, diagrams, percents, easy equations, and everyday math. Students climb to the next level of mathematical understanding in this totally absorbing adventure. 2
- Map Detectives - Rural Mystery
- Solve a series of baffling burglaries at Lady Hartley's manor as you use geography and mapping skills to locate criminals with names like Slimy Simon and Evil Edna. Students will develop their ability to use map symbols, grid references, distance and scale as they search for the missing objects and collect clues. Monitor students' progress and print activities for the classroom.
- Whole Class Decimals
- Teaching decimals to the whole class is easier and more effective with this series of 11 interactive models. Designed specifically to support teachers as they demonstrate key points about decimals, the program uses large, clear graphics that are easily seen from a monitor, white board, or projector so that the entire class is engaged in learning. Easily manipulated models, number lines, and animations present concepts such as rounding decimals, visualizing decimals, and converting fractions into decimals. Teachers can move at whatever pace they deem appropriate for their group or class as they go through each logically presented step. Easy to set up and use, this program greatly reduces preparation time for teachers.
- Numeracy Bank - 6
Lesson Plan Includes:
- Multiplying and dividing whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100, or 1000
- Negative numbers
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000
- Number sequences
- Identifying and sorting multiples
- Square numbers
- Prime numbers
- Prime factors
- Equivalent fractions
- Improper fractions and mixed numbers
- Decimal place value ( to three decimal places)
- Reading and writing decimals
- Rounding decimals to the nearest whole number or tenth
- Adding and subtracting near multiples of 10, 100 or 1000
- Adding and subtracting near multiples of 1 (decimals)
- Adding several numbers
- Adding to decimals to make the next higher whole number or tenth
- Adding and subtracting decimals (to two decimal places)
- Using brackets
- Interpreting quotients
- Times tables facts and related division facts
- Doubling and halving decimals
- Multiplying 2-digit numbers by single digit numbers
- Multiplying and dividing decimals by single digit numbers
- Math Explorer: Data Handling
- An adorable alien is your guide as you travel through Egyptian, Roman, and Incan lands to learn the principles of statistical analysis. Revolutionary graphics and an easy-to use interface stimulate students as they investigate all the means for storing and analyzing data. Visit the Sphinx to learn about probability or use a chart to record Roman bath times. Teacher support materials are included
- Gomez Returns
Arch-villain and infamous nature-hater Gomez is on the loose again! Your students must track him down before he causes devastating damage to the environment.
Gomez Returns uses simulated monitoring equipment and a range of engaging scenarios to develop children's understanding of sensors and data logging and interpretation. By monitoring a range of variables including light, temperature, sound and weather conditions, children will gain an extensive understanding of how and why monitoring equipment can be used and develop knowledge and skills that are easily transferable to real life data-logging and monitoring situations. 3
- Tool Factory Math Draw V3
- Draw, then measure or measure, then draw! Tool Factory Math Draw has a fantastic grid feature for crafting scale drawings of experiments. The rotating ruler's scale will automatically pick up the same grid scale. The caliper measuring tool can give automatic measurements for any edge, area, or perimeter. Dynamically show angle measurements, as you move objects around on the screen. Watch algebra and geometry classes come to life on an interactive white board! This vector-based drawing package includes a powerful range of tools for creating spectacular drawings. Using the same kid-friendly interface as the suite of programs in Tool Factory Workshop, this package is fully configurable to meet all student needs. Create lines, shapes, and other geometric drawings. Build plans and maps. Because it's vector-based, Tool Factory Draw give students the ability to easily adjust, move, and rescale the shapes they have created without losing any quality. Use a wide range of drawing tools, shading, graduated and solid fills, rotation and scaling facilities, a drawing grid, and a range of themed color palettes. In addition to all of these tools, the same bank of clip art found in Tool Factory Workshop is available right on the desktop. 4
- Use QOMO HiteVision's line of digital whiteboards to help aid in teaching students along with creating a fun and constructive learning environment.