The 13.3" MacBook Notebook Computer from Apple is a compact and lightweight Mac notebook computer, housed in a durable polycarbonate unibody enclosure. Boasting a white color scheme, the notebook features such ergonomic enhancements as contoured corners and a non-slip bottom surface.
The system's 13.3" LED-backlit LCD display produces crisp and brilliant images. It features a glossy finish for enhanced color saturation, and a native resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels -- giving you plenty of screen real estate for multitasking. The computer's built-in iSight webcam rests snugly above the display, allowing you to participate in web chats without the need of a clunky external webcam.
An advanced integrated battery allows you to use the computer for up to 7 hours between charges. When the computer is plugged into the wall, it's via a power adapter with a MagSafe connector. MagSafe technology connects the power adapter to the computer via a magnetic bond. The MagSafe connector will harmlessly separate from the computer if you trip over the cord, helping to prevent damage.
The system features a comfortable chiclet-style keyboard, which will be immediately familiar to anyone who has used a MacBook before. The MacBook now boasts a glass Multi-Touch trackpad, the same type found on the MacBook Pro. The trackpad does not have a separate mouse button, as its entire surface acts as a button. This increases the active surface area, and allows you to quickly click, even if your finger is near the top of the trackpad.
What's more, the smooth surface fully supports Multi-Touch gestures -- you can tap the trackpad with one finger to click, with two fingers to right click, scroll through documents using two fingers, pinch to zoom, navigate through Safari or iPhoto with three-finger left and right swipes, or use two fingers to rotate a photo or PDF.
iLife '09, a complete suite of digital creativity applications, is installed on the system. Easy enough for anyone to use, iLife will help you edit your home movies, organize digital photos, and compose original music.
The system is powered by a 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU and boasts 2GB of RAM, a 250GB hard drive, Apple's SuperDrive DVD burner, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and an iSight webcam. The glossy 13.3" widescreen display is powered by nVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics.
All this hardware runs on Apple's Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system. The 64-bit OS features Time Machine backup, which automatically backs up system data to an external hard drive. It also features intuitive Cover Flow navigation, the powerful Spotlight search tool, and Quick Look document preview. You'll be able to use Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac, or Front Row to turn your Mac into an impressive media player.
Brilliant 13.3" Widescreen Display
- LED Backlight
- The computer's display features a LED backlight for superior image quality. Traditional LCD displays take time to warm up before they can achieve their maximum brightness; a LED-backlit display turns on instantly with uniform brightness across the panel. It also gives you complete control over the screen's brightness level, allowing you to fine tune the display to look its best based on the ambient light in the room
- Aspect Ratio and Resolution
- The 13.3" display features a 16:10 widescreen aspect ratio and a native resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, ample space for multitasking, while remaining compact enough to take anywhere
- Green Screen
- The environmentally-conscious display is energy efficient, free of harmful toxins, and made of arsenic-free glass
Advanced Integrated Battery
- 7 Hour Runtime
- The computer features an integrated lithium-polymer battery, capable of providing 7 hours of runtime on a single charge. Thanks to advanced battery chemistry and charging technology, it can be recharged about 1000 times -- five years of typical usage
Glass Multi-Touch Trackpad
- The TrackPad is a Button
- The entire surface of the glass trackpad is a clickable button. You'll be able to physically click the trackpad or simply tap to click, depending on preferences that you set in OS X
- Multi-Touch Gesture Support
- You'll be able to use familiar Multi-Touch gestures to control your computer via the trackpad. Tap with one finger to click, with two to right click. You can use two fingers to scroll through documents, or swipe left or right with three fingers to go back or forward when browsing the web or photos. Pinch your fingers together to zoom, and rotate with two fingers to reorient a photo or PDF
- nVIDIA Graphics
- The integrated nVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor is capable of playing popular 3D games like Spore, Call of Duty, and The Sims 3. It can boost performance by up to five times when needed thanks to an advanced architecture. The graphics deliver smooth, responsive gameplay, allowing you to immerse yourself in rich game worlds, without sacrificing your computer's battery life
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
- The 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor allows the computer to breeze through everyday tasks, including e-mail, web browsing, and productivity applications. It is capable of handling processor-intensive activities such as photo retouching, video editing, and music composition in iLife. You can even run Windows on your computer at native speeds thanks to Boot Camp. The MacBook ships with 2GB of memory, allowing you to run multiple applications simultaneously
- Spacious Hard Drive
- The 250GB hard drive gives you ample room to store all of your music, photos, movies, documents, and applications
MagSafe and More
- MagSafe Power Connection
- The MagSafe Power Adapter uses a magnetic connection rather than a physical one. If anyone happens to trip over your computer's power cord, they won't send the computer flying along with it. Rather, the cord will break cleanly away from the system, without damage. The cord even features a LED indicator that changes from amber to green when your computer is fully charged
- AirPort Extreme & Bluetooth
- The integrated AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi will let you get online without wires. You'll be able to connect to networks with ease, even those that operate on the less-common 5GHz radio band. The system also features a Bluetooth 2.1+EDR module, allowing it to communicate with compatible wireless peripherals such as keyboards, mice, cell phones, and headsets
- The integrated SuperDrive can burn DVDs at up to 8x speed and CDs at up to 24x speed. The included iDVD software, part of iLife, can be used to burn your home movies onto DVD, and you can also burn audio CDs using iTunes
- Ports Aplenty
- Need to connect a cable to your MacBook? Have no fear, its ports are here. It features a connection for wired Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 2.0 ports for peripheral devices, a Mini DisplayPort to connect to an external monitor, an audio in/out port for a pair of headphones or a dedicated mic, and a Kensington lock slot for security. All of the ports are conveniently located on the left side of the computer
- Webcam & Microphone
- Located conveniently on the top bezel above the computer's LCD display is the iSight camera. Working together with the computer's internal microphone, the camera allows you to participate in video chat with up to 3 friends simultaneously using the included iChat application. The included Photo Booth application allows you to add fun photo effects to self portraits
- Unibody Design
- The MacBook is only 1.08" thin when closed, and weighs a scant 4.7 pounds. The sleek unibody design makes this possible, as the entire case is laser cut from a single block of rugged polycarbonate. The bottom of the system is coated with a nonslip material that keeps your MacBook securely in place
- Full-Size Keyboard
- The full-size keyboard features chiclet-style keys that are curved to contain your fingers and highly responsive to touch. The low-profile design integrates perfectly into the unibody enclosure, ensuring a comfortable typing experience. It also features one-touch access to music and video controls, as well as Mac OS X features such as Dashboard and Exposé
- Magnetic Latch
- The magnetic latch mechanism allows you to open and close your computer with ease. There are no moving parts to snag, jam, or break
- Clean Design
- You'll be amazed by the clean look of the MacBook. The system's single-piece bottom case doesn't require a battery compartment thanks to the integrated lithium-polymer battery. You can remove the bottom via 8 standard screws to upgrade your system's RAM or hard drive
The Mac Experience
- Every Day Use
- Every Mac is designed to make your life easier, not more difficult. The system ships with Mac OS X "Snow Leopard," which gives you all the tools you need for e-mail, personal organization, Internet browsing, watching movies, and more. Its software and hardware are designed work to together seamlessly, eliminating the compatibility nightmares that often plague PC users. What's more, the MacBook can run Windows via Boot Camp, perfect for users who have a Windows-only application that they absolutely need to use
- iLife '09
- The included iLife '09 suite is a suite of applications that help you organize your digital life. It includes iPhoto for photo management and editing, iMovie for HD video editing, iDVD to burn your movies to disc, GarageBand for music production, and iWeb for web publishing
- Secure and Reliable
- Worried about viruses and malware? Don't be. The MacBook isn't plagued by constant attacks from the outside world. It is designed to be secure out of the box, eliminating the need for additional software to protect your system from danger. OS X will warn you if a downloaded file is potentially dangerous, ensuring that you don't accidentally open a malicious application. Apple responds quickly to any security threats, prompting you to download updates that keep your Mac up to date and safe
- Advanced Technology, Standard
- Powered by an Intel dual-core CPU, the MacBook is fully loaded with 3D graphics, an iSight camera, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. You'll find features on this system that are foreign to the PC world, including the MagSafe power adapter design. A powerful 64-bit operating system built on a UNIX foundation, Snow Leopard, is pre-installed on the system
- Environmentally Friendly Design
- Apple understands that the Earth is our most precious resource. They've worked to create a computer that is energy efficient, free of many toxins, and highly recyclable. Because Apple designs both hardware and software, the MacBook is able to use a highly efficient power supply that reduces wasted power. The computer is free of mercury and arsenic, and its internal components are free of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and brominated flame retardants (BFRs). When the computer reaches the end of its long life, you can rest assured that it can be recycled. It is constructed from materials that are highly desirable to recyclers. The MacBook has been awarded EPEAT Gold status for responsible manufacture, energy efficiency, and recyclability
- Tech Support
- Have a problem with your Mac? Get support and advice at the Genius Bar, located at every Apple Retail Store. Apple also provides online tutorials, troubleshooting forums, and 90 days of phone support for users who aren't able to make it to an Apple store
- Optional AppleCare
- Apple provides 90 days of free phone support and a 1-year limited hardware warranty on the computer. You can opt to add an AppleCare Protection Plan, at additional cost, which covers support and repairs for 3 years from the date of purchase. AppleCare can be purchased at any time within the first year of ownership of the computer