Part of the eBook revolution, Aluratek's Libre eBook Reader PRO (Black) offers up electronic reading at an affordable price. With an expansion slot that allows for up to 32GB of storage via SD card, you can carry around thousands of books everywhere you go - and the PRO is pre-loaded with 100 free eBooks to get you started!
The Libre PRO utilizes ePaper technology for an easy on the eyes, paper-like 5" display. Operations of this eReader include easy navigation between books and pages, bookmark or auto page turn, adjustable font and type size, and screen rotation support for landscape or portrait mode reading. Should you desire background music, the Libre doubles as an MP3 player.
When it's time to add to your library, just connect the eBook to any computer with an Internet connection and download from sites such as googlebooks.com and Gutenberg.org. Supported eBook formats include: PDF, TXT, FB2, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, and RTF. Picture formats include: BMP, JPG, GIF, and animated GIF.
Recharging the Libre is easy as well; just use the included AC/DC power charger or connect the eBook to the USB port on your computer using the included USB cable. You'll enjoy 24 hours of non-stop reading on a single charge, or up to 2 weeks of standby power.
- ePaper Technology
- Utilizing the latest in ePaper display technology, the Libre provides a crisp black and white 5" screen with the same appearance and readability of printed paper. With no backlight, reading on the Libre is like reading a book
- eBook Selection
- Download over one million free titles from eBooks sites like googlebooks.com and gutenberg.org
- Navigation and Screen Rotation
- The Libre features content search for easy navigation between books and pages, bookmark and auto page turn, adjustable font and type size, and screen rotation support for portrait or landscape mode
- SD Card Slot
- An SD card slot holds cards up to 32GB in capacity for carrying hundreds of books at once.
- Built-In MP3 Player
- Listen to your favorite music while reading with the built-in MP3 player (with background play support)
- Supported Formats
- Supported formats include PDF, TXT, FB2, EPUB, MOBI, PRC and RTF electronic book formats, BMP, JPG, GIF, and animated GIF picture formats, and MP3 music format
- Battery Life
- The internal lithium-ion polymer battery lasts for up to 24 hours of continuous use on a single charge, and 2 weeks on standby time. A battery level indicator and low level warning let you know when it's time to recharge
- Eco Friendly Reading
- eBooks help conserve the environment by saving trees and eliminating pollution associated with shipping books
- 100 Free Books Included
The Libre comes with 100 free books. Free eBooks include:
20,000 Leagues Under the Seas, A Hundred Fables of LaFontaine, A Tale of Two Cities, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Aesop's Fables, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, At the Back of the North Wind, Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini, Beowulf, Collected Works of Poe volume 1, Collected Works of Poe volume 2, Collected Works of Poe volume 3, Collected Works of Poe volume 4, Collected Works of Poe volume 5, Common Sense, Cyrano de Bergerac English, Don Quixote, Dracula, Emile, Father Goriot, Frankenstein, Gargantua and Pantagruel, Great Expectations, Green Mansions, Growth of the Soil, Gulliver's Travels, Hamlet, Heart of Darkness, Hedda Gabler, Household Tales, How to Live on 24 Hours a Day, Ivanhoe, Jacob's Room, King Arthur and His Knights, Leaves of Grass, Les Miserables, Little Women, Madame Bovary, Martin Eden, Meditations, Metamorphosis, Middlemarch, Moby Dick, Mother, News from Nowhere, Oliver Twist, Plutarch's Lives, Pride and Prejudice, Pygmalion, Renascence and Other Poems, Robinson Crusoe, Romeo and Juliet, Siddhartha, Songs of Innocence and Experience, Swann's Way, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Aeneid of Virgil, The Age of Reason, The Arabian Nights, The Art of War, The Awakening and Other Short Stories, The Bible King James version, The Brothers Karamazov, The Call of the Wild, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Crock of Gold, The Curious Case of Benjamin, The Divine Comedy, The Grammar of English Grammars, The History of Tom Jones, The Iliad, The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel, The Lives of the Twelve Caesars, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, The Mystery of the Sycamore, The Nibelungenlied, The Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Precipice, The Republic, The Scarlet Letter, The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Secret Garden, The Sorrows of Young Werther, The Three Musketeers, The Time Machine, The Tragedy of the Korosko, The Trial, The Way of All Flesh, The Wind in the Willows, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Thus Spake Zarathustra, Utopia, Walden, War and Peace, Wuthering Heights