The m501 from Grace Designs is a 500 series microphone preamp module, based on the company's m101 microphone preamp. While the 500 series market has plenty of colored preamp options, the natural, musical clarity of the m501 makes it a welcome addition. This circuit is for engineers who wish to capture their sources with as little coloration or distortion as possible.
The m501 module features a balanced, transformerless design, with 48V phantom, a 75Hz high-pass filter, and a 1/4" HI-Z instrument input. Also standard is a ribbon microphone mode, which raises the input impedance, bypasses the input decoupling capacitors and deactivates 48V phantom to protect delicate ribbon microphones from damage.
- Single channel microphone preamp in the 500 series form factor
- Fast and musical transimpedance architecture
- Wide 10dB to 75dB gain range
- Updated audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Ribbon microphone mode (also great for dynamic mics) - relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance and 48V lockout
- High performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- Enhanced RFI interference suppression
- 12 position gold plated rotary gain switch
- 3 output connectors - XLR balanced, 1/4" TRS balanced and 1/4" TS unbalanced
- LED indicators for +48V, ribbon mode and high-pass filter
- Laser-etched black anodized frontpanel
- Made in the USA