The m103 from Grace Design is a powerful tracking tool for virtually any recording situation, featuring a transformerless microphone preamplifier, 3-band EQ and an opto compressor. True to the manufacturer's heritage, the unit delivers exceptional headroom, along with musical detail and clarity. Additional features include a ribbon microphone mode, a 75Hz high-pass filter, and +48V phantom power.
The 3 band EQ section is built around single stage parallel tuning architecture, which minimizes circuitry and delivers natural, musical tonal shaping at all frequencies. Controls include a fully parametric mid-band, with shelving and peak modes on the high- and low-bands. The compressor circuit is based on an optical attenuator - the purest, high fidelity gain control mechanism available. It provides gentle limiting to fairly heavy compression, while remaining neutral and transparent.
Comprehensive input and output options allow the microphone preamp and EQ/compressor section to be accessed independently of each other, with the order of the EQ and compressor switchable. The compressor controls can be linked for stereo applications, and 10 segment gain reduction and output meters make monitoring signal status simple.
Note: This information is preliminary and detailed specifications are not yet available. They will be posted as soon as they become available.
- Fast and musical transimpedance microphone preamplifier architecture
- Updated audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- 12 position gold plated rotary gain switch
- High performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- Ribbon microphone mode (also great for dynamic mics)
- Microphone amplifier direct output
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Relay bypass of phantom power, decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance, and 48V lockout
- 3-band precision EQ, fully parametric mid-band, with peak and shelf mode for the high- and low-bands
- Optical compressor
- Separate line input for the EQ/compressor section
- LED indicators for +48V, ribbon mode, and high-pass filter
- Powerful 10 segment meters for gain reduction and output level
- Built in power supply
- Made in the USA