The Mamiya DM22 Digital SLR Camera System combines the Mamiya 645 AFD III body with the Mamiya DM22 Digital Back, and the digitally optimized 80mm f/2.8 Sekor Lens. This kit offers all of the uncompromising advantages of digital medium format without breaking the bank. Mamiya's 645 AFD III body builds off of the success of the 645 AFD II with faster autofocus speeds, serial communication to digital backs, and custom controls. Robust and intuitive, the 645 system is compatible with all Mamiya 645 autofocus and manual focus lenses. Add an optional film back to the mix for transparency and negative film photography. Analog or digital? This system lets you do both.
The included 22 megapixel DM22 Digital Back boasts a CCD sensor size of 48 x 36mm--larger than all 35mm DSLR sensors and more sensitive to the nuances and subtle details of your subjects. The sensor has a 12-stop dynamic range and is 16-bit color. With an ISO range of 25 to 400 you can produce images even in low light. In the studio you can shoot with your camera tethered directly to your computer, or in the field shoot and store the images on a compact flash card. The images can then be viewed on the 6 x 7cm LCD screen. From portraits to sweeping landscapes, product photography to fine art reproduction, the Mamiya DM22 delivers rich, detailed images of unparalleled quality.
RAW files from the DM22 can be processed with the included Capture One or Leaf Capture Software. You can also process the files with Adobe Photoshop (CS4 or newer) or Adobe Lightroom (v2 or newer).
With 14 lenses in production and even more available on the second-hand market, the Mamiya 645 lens system has all the tools in place to meet your creative vision. The DM22 SLR Kit includes Mamiya's latest 80mm f/2.8 lens. This standard prime features a wide focusing ring, AF/MF clutch, and advanced digital coatings to ensure critical focus, crisp contrast, and natural color rendition. With a professional camera body, large imaging sensor, and world-class optics, the Mamiya DM22 Digital SLR Camera System is a fine choice for artists and professional photographers.
- Mamiya 645 Legacy
- One of the most powerful and popular camera systems in the professional photography world, the Mamiya 645 System brings fast autofocus, superior ergonomics, and user-specific customization into the digital realm. Select any Mamiya 645 lens, and the included 645 AFD III body can use it. Also backwards compatible with optional film backs, the analog and digital worlds are ready for your point of view.
- Mamiya Digital Technology
- The included Mamiya DM22 digital back boasts 22 megapixels in a 48 x 36mm space. True 16-bit color, 12-stop dynamic range, and high ISO (25-400) sensitivity allow for the highest quality images for all of your professional applications. From studio portraiture to fine-art landscapes, the technology allows you to focus on your vision without compromise.
- Digital 80mm f/2.8 Sekor Lens
- Often regarded as a "normal" or "standard" lens, the 80mm focal length in medium format is a wonderful choice for portraiture, distortion-free landscape, and product photography. Designed to see as your eye sees, the newly-developed 80mm f/2.8 has been optimized for digital with new optical coatings, improved autofocus speeds, and an AF/MF clutch for critical focus subjects.
- Cut the Cord
- Many of today's digital backs require cable tethering during the image-capture process. While the DM22 digital back supports tethered shooting, your images can also be recorded directly to high-capacity Compact Flash cards. Whether you want more spontaneity in the studio or on a location shoot with the minimum amount of equipment, the Mamiya 645 System and DM22 digital back offer you the flexibility and portability of cable-free shooting. You can view the images on the 6 x 7cm LCD screen.
- RAW Processing
- RAW files from the DM22 can be processed with the included Capture One or Leaf Capture Software. You can also process the files with Adobe Photoshop (CS4 or newer)or Adobe Lightroom (v2 or newer).