The Sharp BD-HP52U Aquos Blu-ray Disc Player is the player to have if you have a DVD library but are starting to buy Blu-ray discs. It gets the most out of both formats.
You can enjoy your new Blu-ray discs in pure digital form, thanks to the BD-HP52U's HDMI v 1.3 output. As long as your HDTV has an HDMI input the picture and sound will stay in pure digital form between disc and TV, bypassing the analog conversion other cable types require. And its ability to reconstruct the 24 fps (frames per second) of motion pictures means you'll watch movies just as the director intended.
Speaking of movies, if you have a high definition camcorder that records in the AVCHD format you'll be able to play back its disc using your BD-HP52U.
The HDMI v 1.3 Deep Color output can contain literally billions of colors, which is far more than the human eye can perceive. What good is that? When you hook up this player to a Deep Color-compatible HDTV it increases color accuracy and vividness and smoothes out color banding that can sometimes occur even in high definition sources. HDMI also makes 7.1 channel audio output available. You also have the option of listening to 5.1 channel audio if you use the optical output,
Blu-ray Profile 2.0 adds BD Live capability. With BD Live and your broadband Internet connection you can access additional features beyond what's contained on a BD Live-compatible Blu-ray disc. They may contain behind the scenes looks, coming attractions, interviews, interactive games and more. You need at least a 1 GB USB flash drive for local storage to use BD Live so Sharp went one better and includes a 2 GB USB flash drive.
All of your DVDs and Blu-ray discs will sound their best because they're undoubtedly encoded with one of the BD-HP52U's next generation audio formats: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital PLUS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio.
Not only will your DVDs sound great, they'll look great too. The BD-HP52U's upconverter makes DVDs look sharper and clearer on your HDTV.
As if playing back HD and DVD discs weren't enough, the HP52U also lets you view JPEG pictures and listen to MP3 files from a CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R DVD-W or USB drive.
- HDMI Output – Simple One Cable Connection
- A one cable connection carries complete digital audio and video content from your BD-HP52U player and your HDTV for the best high-definition video and highest fidelity audio in home theater today. Blu-ray disc technology brings the multiplex experience right to your home.
- Full HD Resolution
- The Blu-ray disc format has full 1080p resolution capability—that's the maximum picture resolution available today. 1080p = 1,080 lines of vertical resolution, progressively scanned.
- High Fidelity Audio
- Blu-ray disc technology lets you take advantage of the latest surround sound formats such as Dolby TrueHD. This means you'll enjoy high quality lossless 7.1 channel digital surround that is bit-for-bit the equivalent of the master recording.
- HDMI Up-Scaling
- Even your existing standard definition DVD library can look better than ever because BD-HP52U is backwards compatible with your DVDs. By optimizing standard DVD playback signals to 1080p (when displaying on a 1080p capable HDTV through the HDMI connection), the BD-HP52U can deliver higher picture and sound quality.
- AQUOS LINK Function (HDMI CEC)
- You can enjoy seamless operation among Sharp audio/video products with one remote control. Why use two remotes when you can use one? The AQUOS LINK function allows you to control both your AQUOS LCD TV and your AQUOS Blu-ray disc player together. When you connect your AQUOS LCD TV to the Blu-ray disc player via an HDMI connection, you will have seamless interoperability between your AQUOS LCD TV and the BD-HP52U.
- Quick Start
- A proprietary Sharp technology allows you to enjoy viewing high-definition content on your big screen quicker than most other Blu-ray disc players. Unlike many other players, the BD-HP52U has an impressive start-up time allowing you to begin watching your movies in as little as 10 seconds. # BD Live - provides consumers access to a wide variety of real-time content via a network connection, such as movie scene extras, new previews, games, chat and more. The Bonus View function provides access to picture-in-picture special features, allowing you to simultaneously watch your favorite movie scenes and added bonus features on compatible disc.
- BD Live
- BD Live gives you access to a wide variety of real-time content such as movie scene extras, new previews, games, chat and more using a network connection. The Bonus View function provides access to picture-in-picture special features, allowing you to simultaneously watch your favorite movie scenes and added bonus features on compatible discs.
- AQUOS Pure Mode
- This mode provides convenient optimized viewing of Blu-ray disc content. The image output's color base shifts when a Sharp AQUOS LCD panel is recognized by the AQUOS LINK connection in the Blu-ray disc player via the HDMI cable connection. When the BD-HP52U sees an AQUOS panel connected the color is shifted to optimize the color base setting to the display; this allows the best possible picture according to the unique panel design of an AQUOS LCD.
- JPEG Viewing and MP3 Listening
- View JPEG pictures and listen to MP3 files from a CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R DVD-W or USB drive.