The ACL4 from Alto is a quad channel compressor/limiter that features very user-friendly architecture for fast and reliable compression and limiting. The compressor attack and release times are automatically set dependent on the source material.
Smart Knee Control allows for musical and inaudible compression, while Smart Gain Control automatically reduces the output signal to avoid distortion. The unit can function as either 4 separate processors, or dual-stereo linked to provide real stereo compression on adjoining modules. LED meters on each channel display gain reduction and input/output levels.
- Quad channel compressor/limiter
- Includes auto attack and release times based on input signal analysis
- Smart Knee Control Compressor (SKC) delivers a "soft knee" compression envelope with lower compression thresholds, and changes to a "hard knee" function with heavier compression
- Smart Gain Control peak limiter activates above a certain user adjustable threshold to radically restrict signal peaks
- Couple Switch engages stereo mode operation where channel 1 and 3 becomes the master channels and override all the controls and switches of channel 2 and 4
- Gain reduction LEDs
- Switchable input/output level LED meters
- Bypass switches on all channels