The 4TB VR External Hard Drive Array from CalDigit delivers a fail-safe storage solution. As configured, the array offers an impressive 4TB of storage spread across 2 hard drives, both of which are hot swappable. It features eSATA, FireWire-800, FireWire-400, and USB 2.0 connectivity.
The array can be configured in several configurations, including RAID 0 for maximum performance, RAID 1 for data mirroring, or as JBOD allowing you to access each hard drive as a separate volume. The drive can handle multiple streams of video when configured as RAID 0. These features and more make the array a great solution for your large data storage needs.
- Reach the Speed Limit with Guaranteed Protection
The CalDigit VR can reach speeds up to 250MB/s in RAID 0, and over 110MB/s with RAID 1 protection. These high speeds allow for the most demanding tasks, like video editing. In fact the CalDigit VR is so fast that it can play back high definition video with ease.
RAID 1 provides the ultimate in protection and backup for valuable data, by mirroring data on both drives. If a drive fails all data can be restored. Used as a backup solution, the CalDigit VR will ensure added confidence with this data redundancy. RAID 1 provides the ultimate solution for Time Machine or other backup software.
- Manage, Monitor, Modify
The easy to read orange backlit LCD provides valuable data and added confidence that's just a glance away. Additionally LED status lights provide a visual representation of the CalDigit VR's operation. As if that's not enough an audible alert can also be set.
An advanced environmental monitor provides detailed information about temperature, fan RPM and hard drive health, so you are always in the know. This data is extremely important, especially when using the CalDigit VR in the field. This information is available through the LCD or CalDigit VR software.
- A Cooler Design
- The energy saving, ambient temperature controlled smart fan, runs extremely quiet ensuring proper airflow and advanced cooling without compromise. In addition the CalDigit VR is designed with an all aluminum enclosure to assist with heat dissipation. Heat can cause damage to hard drives, and fans can add unwanted noise. The CalDigit VR takes advantage of the latest technology, ensuring both a cool and quiet experience.
- The CalDigit VR includes a security lock, perfect for educational institutions, trade shows or any situation where the drive needs to be physically locked in place. Additionally Locking drive modules ensure that the drives don't get removed by accident. For sensitive data, the CalDigit VR's software provides password protection against unauthorized changes.
- Easy Configuration and Monitoring
- The CalDigit VR comes with advanced software that provides easy management, monitoring, diagnostic reports, email notifications, and firmware update capabilities. This provides users with interactive assurance. This easy to use software is the command center for the CalDigit VR which allows users to update the firmware. Other two drive arrays lack this important capability, which allows for additional features as well as bug fixes.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Hardware RAID support for RAID 0, 1, and JBOD provides maximum flexibility. Hardware RAID provides an independent CPU and dedicated cache memory to manage the RAID volume. This dedicated process eliminates additional strain from host system's CPU, allowing applications full access. Software RAID systems rely on the host CPU and RAM which can slow down applications by taxing the workstation's CPU. Additionally the quadruple interface supports USB 2.0, FireWire-400, FireWire-800 and eSATA, making the CalDigit VR extremely versatile. Two FireWire-800 ports allow daisy chaining multiple CalDigit VRs together without performance loss.
- Single Vendor Support
- Made from quality components the CalDigit VR is designed to last, and comes with CalDigit's industry leading 1 year warranty and knowledgeable tech support. CalDigit builds and manufactures all major components used in the CalDigit VR and uses only quality hard drives from the leading manufactures.
- Advanced Modular Design
The CalDigit VR has two hot-swappable drive modules, allowing for easy replacement and expansion. This added flexibility makes it easy to archive data. Instead of storing an entire enclosure, with the CalDigit VR only the drive modules need to be stored. The advanced modular design even allows for easy replacement of the fan.
The sleek and sexy design is as functional as it is good looking. A front side power button makes powering the unit on and off a breeze, and the all aluminum enclosure provides additional heat dissipation. The mesh aluminum design matches with many of today's popular workstations and the orange back lit LCD is easy on the eyes.