The VariZoom VZ-JZF-PG-EX-R is a focus and zoom control kit comprised of the PG-EX remote zoom pistol-grip control, EFCU focus control, EXT-EX20 custom molded extension cables, and DVRods. The entire system provides a soup-to-nuts zoom/focus control kit capable of mounting onto a variety of camera rigging systems, including jibs.
- PG-EX Remote Pistol-Grip Zoom Controller
- The PG-EX is the top of the line pistol-grip zoom control for the Sony PMW-EX1 and PMW-EX3 HDV professional video cameras. The dual-variable circuit allows for the finest degree of zoom speed control. The unit will clamp to any tripod handle, jib, or support bar and features precise control of zoom speed. The unit utilizes the finest components and has a beautifully machined aluminum housing.
- EFCU Focus Controller
- The EFCU professional electronic focus control allows camera operators to remotely pull focus easily on the EX-series cameras remotely.
- EXT-EX20 Extension Cables
- The EXT-EX20 are custom molded extension cables designed specifically for the PMW-EX1 and PMW-EX3. With a length of 20' (6.1 m), the cables allow the focus and zoom controller to be mounted on jibs and cranes.
- DVRods Mounting System
- The DVRods system allows users to mount various accessories onto the camera. Items include focus controls, matteboxes, wireless receivers, external battery systems, as well as any accessory that can be fixed onto its rod-mount brackets. The system has been designed to be modular and maximize versatility. The unit can be used with VariZoom's Zero Gravity head, shoulder support, and remote motion control head.