The Ikelite Underwater Housing for Nikon D3000 allows you to take underwater stills with your Nikon D3000 digital camera. The housing supports iTTL strobe control with Ikelite DS digital SubStrobes. A large dial on the back of the housing puts precise exposure control right at your fingertips. The top (yellow) half of the exposure dial provides four 1/3 f/stop increments of over or under flash compensation to be added to or subtracted from any compensation entered into the camera. The bottom (black) half of the dial provides seven manual power settings in half-stop increments. Other manufacturers' strobes can be used, but they cannot provide iTTL exposure or be adjusted manually through the housing.
Controls are provided for every camera function. An oversized zoom knob can be comfortably reached with the fingertips of your left hand. The housing back provides a crystal clear view of the camera's LCD screen for picture review and when using the live-view function for framing. The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask.
The auto focus system on the camera is very good, but does require a certain amount of light and contrast. When shooting under ledges, on night dives, or inside caves and wrecks a focus light will allow the camera to focus faster. The housing features a 1/4-20 threaded mounting socket in the center of the housing above the lens port. This is the perfect place to attach a focus light or other accessories.
The housing size and weight provides neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater. Camera installation is quick and simple. The dependable controls are conveniently placed at your fingertips, and kept watertight with Ikelite pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, proven to be the most reliable method for sealing controls.
An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide-angle, and zoom lenses. Ikelite uses a simple and reliable 4-point locking system to attach lens ports to the housing. This fail-safe assembly consists of one sliding lock in each corner around the opening that accepts the port.
A lens port is required to match specific lens on SLR camera. Please also note that some zoom lenses might require addition of a Close-Up #4 diopter filter on the lens.
Click here for required lens port
After finding required parts on port chart, enter product numbers in B&H search box.
- External Flash Ready
- iTTL compatible with DS digital strobes
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free, unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of O-ring seal
- Camera Functions
- All camera controls
- Enhanced Viewing
- The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip and kept watertight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, proven to be the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Port Locking System
- The 4-point locking system to attach lens ports to the housing is simple and reliable
- Accessory Placement
- Housing features a 1/4-20 threaded mounting point in the center of the housing above the lens port. This is the perfect place to attach a focus light or other accessories.
- Release Handle
- Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms and other accessories at the touch of a button