The DT-2S-1 Fiber Transmission System (Transmitter) from Meridian Technologies supports two 10-bit S-video signals on one fiber-optic cable. This model uses multimode fiber. It is well-suited for use in security & surveillance work, campus lecture networks, and pro audio-video work, among many other applications and settings.
The card is enhanced by SpectraSmart, an optional PC based network diagnostic system. The DigiFlex product family is available as rack mount cards and modules that can be installed in any of Meridian's desk chassis or in 19" racking frames. This system can be configured in either star (module to rack) or trunking (rack to rack) configurations. This system can be transformed into a standalone module by using the SR-1000/S chassis.
- The card supports two 10-bit S-video signals on a single fiber
- This model is a laser-based system that uses singlemode fiber
- This model uses ST fiber connectors
- This system supports real-time video transmission
- It offers 7MHz of bandwidth
- The card supports NTSC
- A wide optical dynamic range eliminates the need for optical attenuators
- This solution is designed to be reliable and repeatable
- It includes the SpectraSmart PC-based network-management tool
- Local LED indicators provide visual cues for system status
- System diagnostics are available for performance parameters
- The card is hot-swappable
- The laser features biased photo-detector circuitry for stable optical output over the full temperature range
- It conforms with EIA RS-170 and RS-343A formats