The ST-2A-1 Fiber Transmission System (Transmitter) from Meridian Technologies incorporates an all-digital encoding technology that supports two unidirectional audio channels over one optical fiber. This model uses multimode fiber. It is well suited for use in intelligent transportation systems, security & surveillance work, access control, among many other applications and settings.
Local indicators provide a visual indication of the status of each audio channel. 3-pin terminal blocks are used for connection of the audio channel interfaces. This series is also compatible with Meridian's SpectraSmart Network management and diagnostic PC-based system.
The DigiSlim product family is available as rack mount cards and modules that can be installed in any of Meridian's desk chassis or in 19" racking frames. This system can be configured in either star (module to rack) or trunking (rack to rack) configurations. These systems can be transformed in to a standalone module by using SR-500/S (standard configuration) or SR-1000/S frames.
- The device supports unidirectional audio
- This model is a laser-based system that uses multimode fiber
- This model uses ST fiber connectors
- It features 24-bit native digital encoding
- It uses Surface Mount Technology (SMT) for high reliability and repeatability
- This solution is designed to be reliable and repeatable
- Local LED indicators provide visual cues for system status
- System diagnostics are available for performance parameters
- The card is hot-swappable
- The laser features biased photo-detector circuitry for stable optical output over the full temperature range
- It meets NEMA TS1/TS2 and CALTRANS specifications
- It uses internal switching power supplies
- Automatically resettable solid-state current limiters are included on all power lines to provide equipment protection
- A wide optical dynamic range means optical attenuators are never needed
- Screw terminals are available for audio