The ST-1W2A-1 Fiber Transmission System (Transmitter) from Meridian Technologies incorporates an all-digital encoding technology that transmits one real-time, simplex 10-bit video channel and two 24-bit audio channels in one direction over one optical fiber. This model uses multimode fiber. It is well suited for use in intelligent transportation systems, security & surveillance work, access control, among many other applications and settings.
NTSC, PAL and SECAM video formats are seamlessly supported. It uses 3-pin terminal blocks for audio channel interfaces. The SC series is also compatible with Meridian's SpectraSmart Network management and diagnostic PC-based system.
The DigiSlim product family is available as rack mount cards and modules that can be installed in any of Meridian's desk chassis or in 19" racking frames. This system can be configured in either star (module to rack) or trunking (rack to rack) configurations. These systems can be transformed in to a standalone module by using SR-500/S (standard configuration) or SR-1000/S frames.
- This model is a laser-based system that uses multimode fiber
- This model uses ST fiber connectors
- It features 10-bit native digital encoding
- This system supports real-time video and audio transmission
- It offers 7MHz of bandwidth
- The card supports NTSC, PAL, and SECAM standards
- A wide optical dynamic range eliminates the need for optical attenuators
- This solution is designed to be reliable and repeatable
- Local LED indicators provide visual cues for system status
- System diagnostics are available for performance parameters
- The card is hot-swappable
- The laser features biased photo-detector circuitry for stable optical output over the full temperature range
- The video connector is a 75-Ohm BNC with gold-center pin
- It conforms with EIA RS-170 and RS-343A formats
- Screw terminals are available for audio