The ST-1W1A2C/1A2C-5 Fiber Transmission System (Transmitter) from Meridian Technologies is a card designed specifically for use with the Aiphone AX intercom systems. It features (1) channel of 10-bit, high resolution video, (1) channel of 24-bit digitally encoded audio, and (2) channels of bi-directional contact closures. This model uses singlemode fiber. It is well suited for use in security & surveillance work, access control, among many other applications and settings.
The card is enhanced by SpectraView, an on-screen video diagnostic/setup firmware system and SpectraSmart, an optional PC based network diagnostic system. SpectraView monitors the integrity of the video signal and the fiber link. A break in the fiber path will cause a loss-of-fiber alarm to be displayed on an associated monitor while loss of video sync will generate a loss-of-sync alarm on the monitor. SpectraView is always active and eliminates the need for additional test equipment. SpectraView also includes a selectable on-board audio test signal generator with built-in local and remote loop-back functions. In addition, a video grayscale function is included to assist in monitor and system setup.
If greater diagnostic capability is required, the DigiSlim series is also available with Meridian's SpectraSmart Network management and diagnostic PC-based system. The DigiSlim product family is available as rack mount cards and modules that can be installed in any of Meridian's desk chassis or in 19" racking frames. This system can be configured in either star (module to rack) or trunking (rack to rack) configurations. These systems can be transformed in to a standalone module by using SR-500 (standard configuration) or SR-1000 subrack frames.
- The card is designed for use with the Aiphone AX system
- This model is a laser-based system that uses singlemode fiber
- This model uses ST or FC fiber connectors
- It features 10-bit native digital encoding
- This system supports real-time video, audio, and data transmission
- It offers 7MHz of bandwidth
- The card supports NTSC, PAL, and SECAM standards
- A wide optical dynamic range eliminates the need for optical attenuators
- This solution is designed to be reliable and repeatable
- It includes the SpectraSmart PC-based network-management tool
- SpectraView software is also included for fault/setup firmware
- Local LED indicators provide visual cues for system status
- System diagnostics are available for performance parameters
- The card is hot-swappable
- The laser features biased photo-detector circuitry for stable optical output over the full temperature range
- The video connector is a 75-Ohm BNC with gold-center pin
- It conforms with EIA RS-170 and RS-343A formats
- Screw terminals are available for audio and contacts