At just 8.66 by 2.79 by 7.0 inches and weighing just 3.2 pounds the Optoma TW1692 certainly earns the title of ultra portable. But this is no stripped down limited use device. It's a fully functional, full-featured projector that packs big projector power into an unusually small and lightweight package.
Its 3000 lumens of brightness and 2500:1 contrast ratio match the stats of many projectors twice its size. It also uses the same 0.65 inch Texas Instruments DLP DMD imaging panel used in many larger projectors. That chip provides a native resolution of WXGA (1280 x 800) at a widescreen 16:10 aspect ratio that's also 16:9 and 4:3 compatible.
Compatibility is a big strength of this little projector. It has an international 100 to 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply and it can accept and project NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals. It can also handle 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition signals. It's got a 23 language onscreen display (OSD) and it can display Closed Captioning from program sources that provide it. You can just tuck it into its included carrying case and take it around the world. Chances are you'll be able to use it at your destination.
Despite its portability the TW1692 also makes a fine permanent installation projector. You can use it in front, rear, ceiling mount and table top projection setups.
The TW1692 doesn't skimp on the convenience features even many larger projectors don't offer. Its remote control is also a laser pointer so you can draw attention to the most important parts of your presentation. And you can also use it as a wireless mouse for PC presentations when you connect a USB cable (not included) between your computer and the projector.
Rapid on and shutdown is another convenience even some large-sized projectors don't have. No more keeping your audience waiting while you wait for the projector to warm up or having to make small talk while you wait for the projector to cool down when you've completed your presentation.
When you need big projector features in an ultra portable package you need the Optoma TW1692.
- 3000 ANSI Lumens and a 2500:1 Contrast Ratio
- This high-powered projector can be used in large rooms and auditoriums where there's a great deal of ambient light. The high contrast ratio helps make text easy to read.
- Single 0.65" DLP DMD Technology by Texas Instruments
- Texas Instrument's Digital Light Processor chips are regarded by many as the best projector light engines (the part that creates the image) available. They produce beautiful life-like images even if there's ambient light in the room. Plus they don't require filters that have to be cleaned and replaced saving you time and money over other designs.
- Internationally Operational
- The TW1692 has a 100 - 240 V AC 50/60 Hz auto switching power supply and the ability to accept and project video in the NTSC, NTSC4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM standards. In addition to its native WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution the TW1692 can sync with more than three dozen other PC and Macintosh resolutions. And its onscreen display offers a choice of 23 languages making this projector a great choice no matter where in the world you are.
- IR Wireless Remote With Laser Pointer and Wireless Mouse Functions
- Wireless remotes are old news. The TW1692's is another story. It's tricked out with a laser pointer and wireless mouse functions. Imagine scrolling a spreadsheet to the exact numbers you need to emphasize or using the laser to point out a feature in a cathedral you photographed on your European vacation.
- Ultra Portable Design
- The TW1692 manages to pack a lot of advanced features into a small, ultra-portable package. It weighs only 3.2 pounds and measures a mere 8.66 x 2.79 x 7.0 inches. You can use it on a table top or mount it on the ceiling for front or rear projection but with its small size and included carrying case it's ideal for the presenter on the go.
- STD Mode Extends Lamp Life While it Lowers Costs
- The lamp in this projector is rated at 2000 hours in Bright mode. Darken the room a little and switch to STD mode and lamp life shoots up 50 percent to 3000 hours. At the same time fan noise will drop from 36 dB to a quiet 33 dB. Overall power consumption drops nearly 20 percent from 280 Watts to 230 Watts. In Standby mode the projector draws less than five watts.
- Show, Stow and Go With Rapid Power-On and Shutdown
- When time is at a premium (and when isn't it nowadays?) you won't keep your audience waiting while the projector warms up. And when your presentation is over you don't have to wait for it to cool down. Just unplug it from the wall socket and pack it away, ready to go to your next presentation.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Whole Audience
- This projector can display closed captioning from sources that provide it. CC comes in handy not only for the hard of hearing but also for those learning English as a foreign language. And it can help you get your message across in noisy environments too.