Representing the pinnacle of their optical prowess, the APO HG binoculars from Minox deliver a remarkably accurate and well detailed image. The glass is manufactured by Schott AG - the eyepieces are graced with aspheric elements, while the rest of the optical stack features fluoride glass ED lenses with apochromatic properties. As a result - the APO HG 8x43 Asph. delivers exceptional optical performance. Across the entire field of view - the APO HG offers enhanced contrast and sharpness from the center to its edge.
The technologically advanced APO HGs also feature a cornucopia of multicoating technology. The phase-corrected BAK4 roof prisms sport Minobrite coatings for enhanced light transmission. The lenses lay claim to no fewer than 21 layers of with M* multicoating to increase their efficiency, while the external surfaces are treated with MINOTEC multicoating to repel dust, water, and soiling. These optical treatments ensure maximum clarity, light throughput, color-rendition, edge-to-edge sharpness, and the longevity of the optic's critical external surfaces.
The APO HG is built around a rigid, tough, and lightweight magnesium alloy housing that offers a significant reduction in weight, a sleek profile, and an excellent platform for a precision optical system. Argon gas purging and a rubber-armored exterior ensure optimum performance and handling regardless of the climate.
An enhanced center-focus design features Minox's innovative QCF (Quick Close Focus) system. Precise long-distance and rapid close-focusing is easily managed with a single turn of the cross-knurled focusing-knob. A thoughtful range-finding scale on the knob allows viewers to take distance readings at a glance.
- Optical Performance
- BAK4 Prisms optimize light transmission
- Aspherical lens elements: enhanced sharpness
- Fluoride ED glass lenses: apochromatic performance
- Full M* multicoating delivers 92% light transmission
- MINOTEC multicoating repels dust, water, dirt, soiling
- Minobright prism coating technology enhances efficiency, resolution, contrast
- Construction Details
- Argon purged housing is water and fogproof
- Tactile rubber armoring provides a secure slip-resistant grip.
- Magnesium housing is durable, lightweight, corrosion resistant
- Roof prisms offer a streamlined shape and enhanced durability
- Use and Handling
- QCF focusing: rapid accurate quick-close-focus system
- Center focusing wheel - distance-ranging marked in yards
- Optional 1/4"-20 standard tripod-mount adapter available
- Right eye ocular is equipped with adjustable locking diopter
- Twist-up click-stop eyecups: comfortable viewing with or without glasses