The Canon VK-64 v2.2 Network Video Recording Software includes VK Viewer and VK Recorder applications. Fully compatible with all Canon network video cameras, the software gives you a comprehensive monitoring and recording solution. The VK Viewer application allows you to control the camera movements, video modes, and 2-way audio. Additionally, you can monitor / access multiple cameras simultaneously on the same screen - ideal for monitoring centers and security stations. With the VK Recorder application, you can record as well as access videos recorded from up to 64 security cameras on the network. It enables you to store, manage, and access videos via computer, making the archiving and playback functions simple.
Other features of the VK-64 v2.2 software include custom viewing area, layout rotation, enhanced camera control, multiple recording modes, motion detection, customized recording options, video retrieval / playback, audio recording and playback, and user control access. The NVR software displays images at a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher and supports audio playback for event notifications.
- VK Viewer
- Allows you to control the camera movements, video modes, and 2-way audio. You can monitor / access multiple cameras simultaneously on the same screen - ideal for monitoring centers and security stations.
- VK Recorder
- Record as well as access videos recorded from up to 64 security cameras on the network. The software enables you to store, manage, and access videos via computer, making the archiving and playback functions simple.
- Custom Viewing Area
Allows you to view videos from any camera on the network that is grouped according to location and zone. Relevant thumbnails are displayed at the top of the screen and can be easily dragged onto the viewing area.
- Variable Display Size - The software displays a maximum of 35 screens of live and recorded images while using the SXGA monitor and up to 24 screens for the XGA monitor.
- Full Screen Function - You can view images at full screen and also hide the timeline and camera selector areas.
- View Live and Recorded Video - Allows you to simultaneously view pre-recorded videos even while maintaining surveillance of live cameras. You can see videos from a single location at different intervals and the software also allows you to synchronize playback with other cameras.
- Pop Up Function - When motion detection or sensory even occurs, the software is capable of automatically displaying the video on the camera.
- Status Bar - Displays total frame rate, CPU, the number of video windows in the layout, and the current display event.
- Layout Rotation
- Used for setting up different layouts of cameras and features an auto switch for displaying the layout at specified intervals. The software allows you to check videos on multiple cameras, and also share layouts with different users.
- Enhanced Camera Control
- You can control each camera on the network directly via the live video window. The controls include pan, tilt, and zoom as well as adjustments to the focus method and the PTZ speed. You can also optimize video capture settings such as exposure, white balance, and smart shade control. In addition, the Night Mode can also be activated using the software.
- Multiple Recording Modes
- Supports 3 recording modes - continuous, scheduled and sensor-response (motion detection, and pre/post alarm). Any customized trigger from third-party software on an external device can initiate the sensor-response recording. The remote trigger can specify 9 parameters for recording that include camera, recording time in seconds, frame rate, image size, PTZ camera angle, backlight compensation, night mode, event priority and event name.
- Motion Detection
- Useful when cameras without built-in motion detection are used in the network. The software lets you select the portion from the recorded video for which motion has to be detected. Accordingly, the server storage space can be optimized by choosing a lower frame rate, which changes when motion is detected.
- Customized Recording Options
- Allow you to record videos continuously, on motion detection, or on a sensor-based event. The formats include MJPEG and MPEG-4, with the highest quality being 30 fps. While MPEG-4 compression enables seamless transmission of video over a network, MJPEG compression offer high-quality images, which are useful when surveillance footage is required as evidence data in legal cases. The videos can be recorded at resolution of 640 x 480, 320 x 240, or 160 x 120 pixels based on the camera server installation. The software allows the camera to record while a preset tour is running and can also change the camera's exposure settings.
- Video Retrieval and Playback
Enables you to quickly and easily search for and display archived videos by timeline, event search, jump to time, live events log, extract videos, and snapshots.
- Timeline - Scroll through the timeline to find and select events at a glance. The software allows you to review recorded videos as well as simultaneously view live videos. It can also play back multiple videos on multiple cameras at the same time. This helps while checking differences at various time intervals and for comparing multiple recorded videos simultaneously.
- Event - Search includes variables such as motion detection, camera location, priority, description, date, and time of the event.
- Jump to Time - Quick playback of videos by specifying the time and date of the recorded video.
- Live Events Log - Quick access to list of recorded events, catalogued in the Live Events window.
- Extract Video - Recorded videos can be saved in a file with the time slot in mov format for up to 1 hour of recording. Additionally, you can also specify the date and time stamps in the video.
- Snapshots - The software allows you to take snapshots of the images displayed in the viewing area.
- Audio Recording and Playback
- Supports 2-way audio and allows you send and receive live audio from the operator's station. Recorded audio can be played at the camera site manually or when triggered by a sensory event (motion detection). The operator can listen in or make announcements at the camera site.
- User Control Access
- Allows you to access and configure camera server setup, schedules, and viewer setup; access to storage servers and layout views can restricted. You can also setup users with privileges and username/password.