Sony's SRW-9000 HDCAM-SR 2/3" Camcorder is a one-piece, modular 24P camcorder platform that redefines the words "future proof." Designed as a next-generation younger sibling to Sony's renowned CineAlta F35 digital cinema camera, the SRW-9000 manages to introduce new technology while trimming costs and adding unprecedented levels of flexibility.
As the world's first shoulder-mounted HDCAM-SR camera, the SRW-9000 carries forward the F35 and F23's reputations for producing outstanding digital imagery. Using the F23's chipset and the lossless capture afforded by HDCAM-SR's MPEG4-SStP recording format, the camera creates professional-grade 1080p images with customizable gammas and up to 12 stops of dynamic range for true film-like images. This makes the SRW-9000 the perfect tool for features, commercials, documentaries or music videos--either as a low-budget 'A' camera or as a 'B' or Steadicam camera on larger productions.
But the SRW-9000 isn't just a camera, it's a system. Sony's first truly open-platform product, it can be tailored to the specific needs of each production. As with previous CineAlta camcorders, its B4 lens mount allows for the full range of professional 2/3" HD lenses. But the SRW-9000 goes even further. Need to shoot in 4:4:4 color? Or with incremental, variable frame rates? Optional processing boards let you go there.
Even more revolutionary, the SRW-9000 was designed with the ability to switch out its 2/3" sensor for an upcoming 35mm sensor and 35mm PL mount--allowing the highest image quality possible. And with the release of a 1TB SR Memory Pack, the camera will be able to switch from standard HDCAM-SR tape recording to solid state capture. Offering an unprecedented 5Gbps data rate and Raid-5 security, the Memory Pack will allow shooting in 3D, 4K, and 8 different HD streams, at the same time improving post-production workflow by recording color information in the video stream's metadata to provide a built-in color management system. It doesn't get any more forward-looking than that!
- Breathtaking HDCAM SR Picture Quality
- The SRW-9000 is a one-piece HDCAM-SR camcorder that delivers full HD resolution images and employs a 2/3"-type IT CCD. Combining this CCD with a high-precision 14-bit A/D converter and digital signal processing, the camcorder is able to capture and reproduce stunning-quality 1080/60P and 1080/50P images with low noise and high sensitivity.
- Upgradable Imaging and Storage Options
- The SRW-9000 is the first camera to be based on a new high-end modular camcorder platform that allows different imaging and storage blocks to be fitted. A Super 35mm CCD sensor and SR Memory solid state recording pack options are already planned as part of a strategy of continual development. Even if you buy the very first SRW-9000, you can be confident of its upgrade path to meet future requirements.
- Full-bandwidth RGB 4:4:4 Digital Image Capturing
- With the addition of the optional HKSR-9003 RGB 4:4:4 Processing Board, the SRW-9000 offers a full-bandwidth digital 4:4:4 high-definition Red, Green, and Blue signal processing and output capability for highly demanding picture productions. The SRW-9000 also offers S-LOG Gamma with the same optional board, allowing users to flexibly adjust images in the post-production process.
- Variable Frame Rate Image Capturing
- By adding the HKSR-9002 Picture Cache Board, the SRW-9000 is capable of recording images at a variable frame rate from 1 fps to 60 fps in 4:2:2 mode. And by combining the HKSR-9002 with the HKSR-9003, it can perform the same function even in 4:4:4 mode.
- Exceptional Ergonomics for Filmmakers
- The SRW-9000's chassis is a development of the film-style ergonomics Sony designed for the F23/F35, utilizing a completely different layout compared to the traditional broadcast TV approach of other Sony cameras. For camera operators used to working with film, the SRW-9000 makes it easy to adapt.
- Outstanding Operational Mobility
- The SRW-9000's rugged one-piece body, with self-contained, ultra-reliable HDCAM SR recording deck, offers incredible operational mobility both indoors and outside. At the same time, Sony's BP-GL Series of on-board batteries can be attached to further extend shooting times.
- Future-proof and Customizable
- The SRW-9000 is designed to accommodate the changes necessary to ensure today's best camcorder is also tomorrow's. Its state-of-the-art 2/3" sensor can be upgraded with the same Super 35mm sensor used in Sony's F35, while the internal HDCAM SR tape deck can be swapped out for a revolutionary solid state unit.
- Wide Choice of Viewfinders
- The SRW-9000 accepts three types of viewfinder, including the HDVF-20A/200, HDVF-C35W, and HDVF-C30WR. The newly introduced HDVF-C30WR is especially suited for use with the SRW-9000, offering improved focus assist functions, a color brightness level indicator, and numerous other beneficial features. Moreover, with pre-installed viewing LUTs (look-up tables) for S-Log Gamma, this viewfinder provides users with easier focus adjustment and a more intuitive photo-shooting operation.
- Versatile Gamma Settings
- These include unique S-LOG Gamma (HKSR-9003), HyperGamma, and customizable gamma curve (standard).
- Picture Cache Re-recording Capability
- Everything captured up to a maximum of three seconds before the REC button is pressed is recorded to HDCAM SR tape when the camcorder is in stand-by mode.
- I/O Expandability
- When using the HKSR-9001, additional dual-link HD-SDI outputs and an additional AUX input port are provided, allowing the camcorder to be connected with an external audio multiplexing device.
- Picture Cache Recording Capability
- Everything captured for a maximum of three seconds before the REC button is pressed is recorded to HDCAM-SR tape when the camcorder is in stand-by mode.
- Wide Range of Accessories
- The SRW-9000 is compatible with a wide range of accessories for the HDW-F900, F23, SRW-1, and from ARRI.