The Night Raven from ATN is a durable and relatively easy-to-manage 3x50 night vision binocular. This is a dual-tube NVD with high-quality all-glass multicoated optics that provides excellent low and no-light viewing performance.
The Night Raven is water and fog resistant, and covered in a shock-resistant rubberized coating for a sure grip. The tethered lens covers can be used as daylight filters for testing the intensification system in daylight. Focusing is done individually at each ocular, and soft rubber eyecups are installed to prevent stray light from interfering with the image on the phosphor screen.
This Raven features a pair of high-quality 2nd generation intensifier tubes; second generation intensifiers are less reliant upon ambient light, produce clearer images with less distortion, and last longer than earlier versions of night vision technology. For viewing under total-darkness conditions, the Night Raven is configured with an integral IR unit that provides ample supplementary IR illumination.
All NVDs sold by B&H feature bright-light protection systems. However, this does not mean that bright light can/will not damage the device. Exposure to bright light compromises the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Optical Performance
- Multicoated optics reduce flare and glare
- Refined all-glass optical system for clear imaging
- Fast 50 mm f/1.7 objective lenses for low-light performance
- Night Vision Performance
- Integral IR Illuminator
- Dual 2nd Generation intensifiers: resolution - 40-45 lp/mm
- Integral IR illuminator enhances performance in total darkness conditions
- Use, Handling, Construction
- Tethered lens cap/daylight filter system
- Adaptable for use with cameras/camcorders
- 60/30 hr run-time on a pair of AA or CR123A batteries