The Trophy XLT 4-12x40 from Bushnell is a cost effective riflescope with Amber-Brite multicoated optics for a crisp sight-picture, a 1.0" tube that's filled with dry nitrogen for water and fogproof performance, an adjustable objective, and Bushnell's DOA 600 reticle.
A mounting base and rings are used to attach a riflescope to a firearm. A comfortable sight picture is contingent upon the height of the rings. A comfortable cheek-weld is the result of properly positioning the scope over the receiver. Mounting the scope close to the receiver is preferable, yet scopes with larger objectives need higher rings so the front bell can clear the barrel. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- Optical Performance
- Amber-Brite Optics: High-contrast multicoating adds depth and clarity to sight picture
- Use and Handling
- Fast-focus eyepiece for rapid target acquisition
- Adjustable objective lens for eliminating parallax error
- Precision adjustments: 1/4 MOA audible/tactile/resettable W&E correction
- DOA 600 Reticle: Four long posts create a narrow gate where fine cross hairs establish your exact point of aim. This configuration draws the eye directly to the center of the sight picture quickly.
- 1.0" Aluminum main-tube
- Nitrogen filled for water and fogproof performance