Varicam's QuickJib with Extension gives you extra reach over the standard QuickJib setup, extending up to nearly 14 feet. The extension kit attaches easily using a no-tools Captive Clamp Joint system that assures a rock-solid fit--delivering an affordable, high-performance jib for cameras weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6kg).
Portable and compact, the QuickJib connects to a level, secured tripod, providing a stable and secure base from which your camera can float and roam. As the perfect combo of quality and economy, the QuickJib will provide years of reliable operation, whether indoors, outside, or in the studio.
- Jib Arm
- The QuickJib selectively uses industrial powder coating and anodizing for optimal component performance, with stainless steel fasteners throughout (as opposed to lesser, cheaper zinc-plated fasteners). The slim QuickJib outperforms the competition by having 50% less air resistance in breezy conditions than jibs utilizing a four-arm support system.
- Quick Extension
- Additionally, our quick extension kit attaches in minutes with absolutely no tools, as opposed to more cumbersome systems that require multiple tools and bolts to attach their extensions. The extension kit mates to the standard QuickJib with our Captive Clamp Joint system, which uses two ergonomic, high-torque hand knobs to compress the captive clamps, assuring the joint is rock solid.
- Brake System
- Brake system utilizes a heavy-duty plate that is securely mounted to the pivot section. Brake compression system is built into a stator and designed to compress firmly and securely, while remaining forgiving enough to slide under extreme force that might otherwise topple a locking-brake jib system.
- Locking Pins
- Locking stainless aircraft pins of the highest quality and strength are used at the pivot points, and they are attached by lanyard to prevent them from ever being lost.
- Tilting Mechanisms
- Camera platform and tilt base join to the jib arm with stainless aircraft pins that insert through sealed radial ball bearings at the tilt base and high-performance sleeve bearings at the camera platform, resulting in silent, smooth motion. The camera platform also has a built-in spirit level for quick reference and adjustment. Paired with an optional Zero Gravity head, you have a professional manual overhead jib.
- Telescoping Counterweight Section
- Telescoping weight arm adjusts up to 3 feet for tremendous flexibility. Extend the arm to reduce the amount of weight needed, shorten it to work in tighter spaces, or simply adjust it to fine-tune the counterbalance.