Varicam's QuickJib Kit with TCR100 Tripod & DCR100 Dolly is an affordable, high-performance jib kit for cameras weighing up to 50 lbs (22.7kg). This professional, no-tools jib arm system assembles safely and quickly, extending to over 10 feet (or nearly 14 feet with an optional extension). Portable and compact, the QuickJib attaches to the custom TCR100 crane tripod, which fits perfectly into the heavy-duty DC100 adjustable dolly. You're ready to roam! The perfect combo of quality and economy, this QuickJib system will provide years of reliable operation, whether indoors, outside, or in the studio.
- Jib Arm
- The QuickJib selectively uses industrial powder coating and anodizing for optimal component performance, with stainless steel fasteners throughout (as opposed to lesser, cheaper zinc-plated fasteners). The slim QuickJib outperforms the competition by having 50% less air resistance in breezy conditions than jibs utilizing a four-arm support system.
- Brake System
- Brake system utilizes a heavy-duty plate that is securely mounted to the pivot section. Brake compression system is built into a stator and designed to compress firmly and securely, while remaining forgiving enough to slide under extreme force that might otherwise topple a locking-brake jib system.
- Locking Pins
- Locking stainless aircraft pins of the highest quality and strength are used at the pivot points, and they are attached by lanyard to prevent them from ever being lost.
- Tilting Mechanisms
- Camera platform and tilt base join to the jib arm with stainless aircraft pins that insert through sealed radial ball bearings at the tilt base and high-performance sleeve bearings at the camera platform, resulting in silent, smooth motion. The camera platform also has a built-in spirit level for quick reference and adjustment. Paired with an optional Zero Gravity head, you have a professional manual overhead jib.
- Telescoping Counterweight Section
- Telescoping weight arm adjusts up to 3 feet for tremendous flexibility. Extend the arm to reduce the amount of weight needed, shorten it to work in tighter spaces, or simply adjust it to fine-tune the counterbalance.
- TCR100 Crane Tripod
This custom-built crane tripod is the only tripod Varizoom recommends for use with any crane, no matter the brand. We recommend you never use a telescoping or collapsible tripod under a crane, no matter how small. When supporting an expensive camera on a jib elevated above other valuable equipment or people, it's simply common sense to eliminate all risk and use a single-section tripod instead of a telescoping one.
The TCR100 was designed with safety and strength in mind, combining a solid machined base-plate (not molded), specialty heavy-gauge tubing, and oversize leveling feet for an ultra-stable design that will never falter or fail. With anodized aluminum, stainless steel fasteners and solid brass bushings, the TCR100 will last a lifetime.
- DCR100 Dolly
- Varizoom's heavy-duty dolly has an ample spread and a positive leg-locking system that securely captures the TCR100 crane tripod.