The CI2 Advanced Integration USB Studio from Steinberg is a USB audio interface and control surface with included Cubase AI 5 recording software that's compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. It enables you to easily create elaborate musical compositions on a computer using microphones or instruments like guitars, basses, keyboards and drum machines. Several software instruments and effects are included as well. The CI2 hardware and AI 5 software are deeply integrated with one another to make the recording experience for the user as easy and creative as possible.
There are two main functions that the CI2 provides; it's both a computer audio interface and a software control surface. The audio interface portion gives you two combo XLR and 1/4" inputs, ideal for microphones and line-level signals. One of the inputs can be used for plugging Hi-Z instruments (such as guitars and basses) directly into your computer, allowing you to fully tap into the included software amplifier simulators and effects. The two microphone inputs feature preamps and can provide +48V of phantom power to condenser microphones.
The control surface area really speeds up the workflow with the included Cubase AI 5 software. You can quickly scroll through menus and fully utilize the included Project Assistant software. The Project Assistant is loaded with many kinds of templates to suit different project styles. The templates will automatically set-up a session with tracks, effects, input and output routings, etc. The AI Knob in the control section will automatically map itself to any control parameter that you mouse-over in Cubase, saving an incredible amount of time and keeping the creative juices flowing.
- A full system solution to record music at a great price
- Easy to use with the included Project Assistant, especially for beginners
- Browse functionality helps and assists throughout the project
- Interactive recording functionality allows hands-free recording with the optional footswitch and the optional mic stand adapter
- Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project
- Ultra-precision AI controller knob: "point and control" support: controls any Cubase, FX or VSTi parameter using mouse-pointer selection
- When the built-in LEDs light up, the CI2 is ready to go. Instant plug and play with no additional setup or parameter assigning required.
- Two high-quality mic preamps with +48V phantom power with a fully USB-powered audio interface giving total freedom for mobile recording
- Outstanding engineering and component quality: precision components, manufactured by Yamaha to exacting standards
- Mac and PC compatible: cross-platform support for Cubase on Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista
Cubase AI 5
- Built on Steinberg Audio Engine
- 48 audio tracks and up to 64 MIDI tracks
- HALion ONE software sample player with selected Motif sounds
- Plug'n'play VST/MIDI setup with Yamaha products such as Motif XS Music Production Synthesizer, n-series Digital Mixing Studio and KX series USB keyboards
- Complete integration of Steinberg hardware products
- Studio Connections "Recall" as well as special product-specific functions for perfect software-hardware integration
- 31 VST effects, including 22 VST3 plug-ins
- MIDI controllers and automation consolidation