Radius from iZotope adds additional high-quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting processing to Apple's Logic Pro and Soundtrack Pro audio applications. Once installed as an option within the software, you can easily change the pitch of a single instrument, voice, or entire ensemble while preserving the timing and acoustic space of the original recording.
Radius is designed to match the natural timbres of a sound even with extreme pitch shifts, and allows you to change the tempo without affecting the pitch or tone of the performance. Instrument attacks, percussive hits and the sound stage remain untouched, even at extreme stretches. The software is also able to preserve transients and sustained material at the same time.
For example, when stretching a recording with sustained brass and pizzicato strings, Radius preserves the continuity of the brass notes, as well as the timing and attack characteristics of the strings. Furthermore, Radius is designed for completely transparent operation on a wide variety of source material with nearly automatic operation. It is well suited for both commercial studio applications and home studio use.
Radius features two modes of operation- Mix and Solo mode. Mix mode is designed to work well with polyphonic material such as mixes with more than one instrument, as well as non-harmonic material such as drum loops. Solo mode works best with a single harmonic instrument such as a stringed instrument or the human voice. For finer control, use harmonic correction to manipulate the timbre.
- Adds additional high-quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting options to Apple's Logic Pro and Soundtrack Pro applications
- Helps preserve transient attacks and timing accuracy
- Maintains the acoustic space and sound stage
- Unique hybrid design offers completely transparent operation
- Time stretching between 12.5% and 800%, pitch shifting between -36 and +36 semitones
- Formant correction with adjustable correction strength and correction amount for both Mix and Solo modes
- Preserves Dolby matrix encoding
- Phase coherent design preserves stereo image during processing
- Radius integrates directly into Logic's Time Machine in Logic Pro 7.2.1 or later
- Radius is available in the Soundtrack Pro "Process" menu with the "Time Stretch..." option
- Supports sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Video post production - fit soundtrack, voice over, and other audio cues to video clips
- Shift pitch up or down to match a vocal or instrumental range for practice, performance, or recording
- Sound design - extreme distortion-free time-stretch and pitch-shifting effects
- Pull-up and pull-down for film and video conversion
- Slow down recordings for spoken dictation, musical transcription, or for practicing at slower tempos