The Panasonic Network Disk Recorder (1 TB) is a multi-function disk recorder that comes with multiple data management options, the ability to monitor multiple cameras over a network, and adequate storage capacity till next backup, making the recorder suitable for IP camera surveillance systems in medium- to large-sized business.
It supports H.264 / MPEG-4 / JPEG file compression formats, with a resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels at high frame-rate (30 ips) and records footage from up to 32 Panasonic Ethernet-linked network cameras. Up to 8 clients can simultaneously control the recorder and monitor images. While the easy set-up feature easily locates the IP addresses of the iPro Series cameras connected to the disk recorder, the IP network flexibility enables the use of camera anywhere over the network and allows live monitoring, searching for events, flexible playback, and recording from a computer. The network disk recorder seamlessly integrates with other monitoring applications (access control systems).
- File Compression, Resolution, and Frame-rate
- H.264/ MPEG-4 / JPEG file compression formats at 1280 x 960 resolution recording with a frame-rate of 30 ips. While MPEG-4 compression enables seamless transmission of video over a network, MJPEG compression offers high quality images which are useful when surveillance footage is required as evidence data in legal cases.
- Up to 8 clients can simultaneously monitor images and control the unit.
- Flexible Recording Modes
- Multi-recording Mode
Record images of different cameras located at different locations by using a single network disk recorder.
- Schedule Recording Mode
Initiate recording at a specific time - 4 recording programs with an individual recording mode for each camera and 6 time schedules for each day.
- Emergency Recording Mode
Give more preference to a particular recording mode over others in case of an emergency.
- External Timer for Automatic Recording
- Event Recording
Configure the recording mode (quality and recording rate) to record high quality images when an alarm is triggered.
- Multi-recording Mode
- Display Modes
- Spot, Quad (8 patterns), Spot sequence, and Quad sequence (live only). In the quad mode, you can assign any of the 32 cameras to any area of the quad screen.
- 2x, 4x digital zoom (live and playback) with pan/tilt control for the zoomed area.
- Camera Control
- Control the functions of the various cameras connected to the recorder from the browser GUI when live images are displayed on the spot screen; some of the controls include pan/tilt/zoom, preset positions, brightness, and focus.
- Easy IP Set-up
- Easily Locates the IP addresses of the iPro cameras connected to the disk recorder.
- IP Network Flexibility
Enables to use the camera anywhere with the network and allows flexible playback, event search, and recording from a computer.
- Flexible Playback
A-B repeat (repeatedly playing back the video between a set start point (A) and an end point (B) in playback mode), jump to specific date/time, and go to last record. You can simultaneously playback up to 4 files, reverse frame sequence, and speed the playback by as much as 96 times.
- Event Search
Search records by date/time, camera number, event type, and text on/off.
- Flexible Alarm Handling
Alarm sources include 16x terminal inputs, 16x camera alarms, and the Panasonic alarm protocol. Additional alarm actions include event recording, message on the browser, e-mail notification, FTP image transfer, terminal output, Panasonic protocol output, buzzer, and LED activation.
- Flexible Playback
- Event Notification with Recorded Image in case of an Event or Alarm.
- User Management
- Up to 32 users with user ID and password can be registered with individual user-level access restriction. The host authentication function allows you to block camera access to unregistered IP addresses; the system allows 4 user levels, 16 user priorities, and user-camera view/control partitioning.
- Alteration Detection
- The ND viewer software alerts when reordered images are tampered with.
- RAID 5 (Redundant Array of Independent Disks)
- The optional RAID 5 board (WJ-NDB301) adds the RAID 5 capability to the network recorder, thus providing a high-level risk management; treats 3 or more devices as a single drive and allows data access even if the drive is broken.
- Optional WV-ASM100 or WVAS65 i-Pro Management Software for Multi-site Application.
- Network Port
- A 10Base-T/100Base-TX network interface and an RJ-45 jack facilitate connectivity to a network and remote monitoring.
- The optional WV-AS65 (management PC software) allows simultaneous use of up to 100 WJ-ND300 and WJ-HD300A Series Digital Disk Recorders and up to 3200 cameras.
- Cost Efficiency
- The recorder uses an existing network infrastructure, which reduces the costs involved with money and time and high storage hard disk, eliminating the use of video tapes and other storage devices.
- Designed to seamlessly integrate other monitoring applications (access control systems) as well as to take complete advantage of new network advances.