Sony's Alert! Emergency Messaging Software adds a dual layer of functionality to the VSP-NS7 digital signage player: providing branding and promotional messages during normal operation and alert information during emergencies. Using an easy touchscreen interface, the Alert! software can be used to spread time-sensitive information and instructions in hospitals, colleges, nursing homes and other networked facilities.
- Interrupts scheduled programming with alerts.
- Small, third-party network touchscreens (e.g., Aurora Multimedia IBZ-840MB) anywhere on the network can trigger any one of a menu of alerts.
- Administrators can easily program touchscreen layouts, alert graphics and sounds.
- Scheduled programming automatically resumes after the alert is cleared.
- Programming can include up to five simultaneous image layers, plus audio.
- Layers can include full motion video (up to 1280 x 720p), web pages, RSS feeds, Adobe Flash content, Java content, graphics and text.