The 4TB TeraStation III iSCSI Rackmount TS-RIXL/R5 from Buffalo is an external network storage array in a 1U rackmount form factor. It connects to an Ethernet network via the iSCSI protocol. Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports support port trunking, delivering an amazing 2Gbps of bandwidth.
The array can be configured in a variety of RAID schemes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10; it can also function as a JBOD. Drives are hot-swappable, and you can set one of the disks in the array to be a hot spare in order to facilitate immediate RAID rebuilds in the event of a disk failure.
An intuitive web-based interface allows you to configure the array with ease. You'll be able to configure RAID settings, manage the drive, and encrypt data via this interface. The array's LCD display gives you an at-a-glance indication of its status. The storage system is compatible with Windows-based computer systems.
Simple Install and Management
- Utilizes existing Ethernet infrastructure to process SCSI storage commands
- Hot-swap hard drive trays behind the front panel for easy drive access and replacement
- Logical Volume Management
- Easy setup wizard and management through intuitive web interface
- 1U rackmount form factor
- Mounting rails are included for both 2-post and 4-post cabinets
- Five Operating RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, JBOD
- Advanced RAID system continually checks hard drive and RAID performance
- Improved CPU speed enables faster data transfer
- 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet with Jumbo Frame
- Two Ethernet ports for port trunking
- Hot spare enables automatic RAID rebuilding in case of a hard drive failure
- Optional hard drive AES 128-bit encryption
- Large silent fan cools hard drive efficiently
- Advanced ventilation design reduces internal heat
- LCD Display shows important TeraStation information and disk status
- USB 2.0 ports for external UPS connectivity