The VisibleDust EZ Sensor Cleaning Kit with Smear Away contains a 1ml bottle of Smear Away and 4 green 1.3x Vswab. It is a designed to clean the hardest lubricant or oil stains. It cleans a digital camera sensor up to 20mm and has a strong anti fog capability. It removes the smear on the first swipe. It has an anti-scratch component that prevents contaminants from scratching the sensor while cleaning. The very strong lubricant and oil remover removes the toughest stain and is a non-flammable and non-alcoholic, pollen remover.
- Kit contains 1ml bottle of Smear Away and 4 green 1.3x Vswab
- Removes smear on first swipe
- Anti-scratch component prevents contaminants from scratching the sensor while cleaning
- Very strong lubricant and oil remover removes the toughest stain
- Non-flammable and non-alcoholic, pollen remover
- Cautionary notes
- The VisibleDust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please do not use alternative solutions with this swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions is enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. These solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
- VisibleDust solutions are calibrated for normal evaporative rates:
To keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratches
To increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
To reduce friction by being moist all times during swabbing
- The potential risk of fast evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning is the following:
An increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
A great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
An increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
- These cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand for fast evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.