The versatile Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Zoom Lens is a standard macro zoom for digital SLR cameras with a Sigma lens mount. The lens is designed for cameras with APS size chips, and covers the most frequently used focal lengths. The maximum aperture of f/2.8 is fast enough for use under a wide variety of lighting conditions. The OS anti shake feature offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible.
Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus. For shooting macro this lens has a close focusing distance of 8.7" (22cm) and a magnification ratio of 1:2.7 (approx. 1/2 life-size) making it ideal for getting in tight during nature, product, still life, medical and technical shooting sessions. This lens is flexible enough to also deliver excellent image captures at medium telephoto distances for portraits, nature and landscapes.
- Its close focusing distance is down to only 8.7" (22cm) away from the subject for a 1:2.7 magnification which is approximately 1/2 life-size.
- This flexible lens delivers excellent image captures at medium telephoto distances for portraits, nature and landscapes.
- The OS anti shake feature offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible.
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) system ensures quiet and high-speed auto focusing with full time manual focus override.
- SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide optimum color correction and sharpness.
- A super multi-coating is used to reduce the occurrence of flare and ghosting and deliver high performance across the entire focusing range.