Looking for a TV for your den, bedroom or home office? The Sony KDL-40EX400 40" BRAVIA 1080p LCD TV may be exactly what you're looking for. Its 40" diagonally measured screen straddles the line between midsize and large sets. If you'll be viewing it from about five to ten feet away you'll find you're close enough to enjoy a good-sized picture but far enough away that you can enjoy the image without noticing the individual pixels that create it.
The 40EX400 can even do 1080/24p. Hook up a 1080/24p-capable Blu-ray disc player via one of the set's four HDMI ports and you'll watch movies with the cinematic look that you could once only experience in a movie theater.
And this set can display not only all four closed captioning channels and four text channels that many analog sources provide but all of the new closed captioning channels and services that an increasing number of digital sources can provide. CC isn't just for your hard of hearing family and guests; it can also help you understand hard-to-follow dialogue and it comes in handy when you're viewing in a noisy environment.
You have a lot of programming choices these days (DVD, Blu-ray, cable, satellite, console games and more) and you watch them under a variety of lighting conditions from theater-like darkness to broad daylight. You want a TV that can deliver a vivid, true-to-life image in all conditions.
That's another reason you'll love your 40EX400. Its Ambient Sensor optimizes the set's color to match room lighting while LightSensor Technology optimizes the brightness of the screen's CCFL backlight to match room lighting. As a bonus, if you watch in a dimly lit room, LightSensor will even save you energy and money. No wonder this set is Energy Star compliant.
And speaking of programming choices, add one more when you turn on your 40EX400: USB. The set's USB input allows you to enjoy JPEG pictures, MP3 music and MPEG1 and MPEG2 movies from a USB enabled device like a flash drive, digital camera, camcorder or your PC. You supply the device, and if necessary, a USB cable. Your 40EX400 will supply you with hours of home entertainment from a dazzling array of options.
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- Experience Full HD 1080p picture quality, the highest at-home resolution, and take full advantage of HD sources like a Blu-ray Disc player or a gaming console via the 16:9 wide screen panel (1920 x 1080).
- BRAVIA Engine 2
- Enjoy sharp, vibrant, life-like images while optimizing color & contrast and significantly reducing video noise with the BRAVIA Engine 2 fully digital processor.
- Ambient Sensor
- Get a natural looking picture whether you're watching movies late at night or playing video games during the day with an Ambient Sensor that automatically adjusts the picture color based on your room's lighting.
- LightSensor Technology
- What the Ambient Sensor does for color, LightSensor Technology does for brightness. It automatically increases or decreases the level of brightness of your TV's backlight based on a room's lighting conditions. Dim the lights to watch a movie and the sensor dims the backlight, which also helps reduce unnecessary power consumption.
- BRAVIA Sync Capable (HDMI-CEC)
- Conveniently operate and control other BRAVIA Sync compatible devices—including BRAVIA HDTVs, Blu-ray disc players, surround sound systems, Handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital still cameras, all with one remote control.
- USB Input
- Share your JPEG photos on the big screen, listen to your favorite MP3 tunes or even watch MPEG1 or MPEG2 movies. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or other USB device directly to your 40EX400's USB input.
- Seven High Definition Inputs
- Get versatile HD connection options with seven HD inputs, including four HDMI inputs to connect a Blu-ray disc player, gaming console or any other HDMI-capable equipment. Two HD component inputs provide added HD-capable connectivity. In addition a PC input (HD-15 pin) lets you use your HDTV as a computer monitor.
- Advanced Closed Captioning
- The 40EX400 can display all four conventional closed captioning channels (CC1, CC2, CC3 and CC4) and all four text channels from analog programming that provides them. And it can also display all of the new digital closed captions when present (CC 1-4 and Service 1-6). Digital CC allows you to customize eight features that range from character size and color to background translucency.