A roof prism binocular with a hearty feature-set that's easy on the wallet and the environment? Yes! - the Monarch ATB 8x42 from Nikon is here - it's layered with assets, and it won't break the bank when you bring one home.
Nikon's proprietary lead and arsenic free optical-glass formula, known as Eco-Glass, is used for all lenses and prisms in this fine Monarch binocular. All of the air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated to ensure maximum light transmission, sharpness, and contrast. The roof prisms are finished with a dielectric coating that enhances the efficiency of the optical system to near perfection.
This easy-to-handle optic is fully waterproof and fogproof, and a tactile rubberized exterior ensures a secure grip at all times. The centered focus knob is fast, accurate, and easy to use. A pair of multi-setting click-stop eyecups and a notable 15.5 mm of eye relief allow you to tailor the binocular to suit your needs - whether you're wearing glasses or not.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 47.5°
- Fully multicoated Eco-Glass lenses for enhanced sharpness and clarity
- Dielectric multilayer prism coating delivers extremely high levels of light transmission, excellent contrast, accurate color rendition
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Durable/protective rubber armoring provides a sure non-slip grip
- Sleek lightweight form factor: excellent ergonomics, easy to carry, durable
- Use and Handling
- Center focus knob: fast full-range of focus for quick viewing.
- Click stop eyecups: clear comfortable view with/without sun/eyeglasses