GateEx from Bias is a professional-quality noise gate and downward expander with precision graphic displays and advanced parameter controls. The noise gate removes signals below an assignable level, and is perfect for isolating one type of instrument from another, or for removing unwanted residual noise. The downward expander allows expansion of dynamic levels by lowering gain level in quiet passages.
The plug-in includes Audio Units, RTAS/AudioSuite and VST formats, and can be used within most popular professional audio editing hosts on Mac and Windows systems - such as Peak, Digital Performer, GarageBand, Live, Logic, Premiere, Pro Tools, Sonar, Sound Forge and many others.
- Multiple format plug-in that can be used as both a noise gate and a downward expander
- As a noise gate, it's perfect for isolating one type of musical instrument from another, as well as reducing unwanted residual background noise
- When used as a downward expander, it can increase the apparent dynamic range of recordings
- High-resolution input and output meters display the level of the audio signal being fed into and out of the processor
- Waveform display shows the signal being passed through GateEx, along with the Noise Gate's threshold indicators, making it very easy to adjust the perfect threshold level