The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S2100 Digital Camera (Silver) is an economical 12.1 megapixel camera that is packed with easy-to-use features. Easy Shooting Mode, iAuto, and Intelligent Scene Recognition are some of the features that allow the beginner photographer to take wonderful photos. The camera also has settings for 8 different scenes.
The sharp 3x optical zoom lens allows you to get great shots even from a distance. Use the 3" LCD display to frame your images and then view them after taking the photo, even in bright light. In low light, the camera performs extremely well in High Sensitivity Mode with a high ISO of 3200 and the SteadyShot Image Stabilization to prevent motion blur.
When shooting your friends and family, the camera's Face Detection feature detects up to 8 individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and flash, while the Smile Shutter feature captures a smile the moment it happens. Add the convenience of AA battery power and the choice of Memory Stick Duo or SD/SDHC memory cards to store your images, and this camera is a great value. Two AA batteries are included.
- 12.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
- A powerful 12.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 12.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3 size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- 3.0" Clear Photo LCD Display (230k pixels)
- Generous 3.0" (230K pixels) Clear Photo LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Card Slots
- The camera has card slots for Memory Stick Duo media and SD/SDHC media
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- SteadyShot image stabilization compensates for camera shake and helps prevent blur by capturing two photos at high shutter speeds and combining them into a single clear image.
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
- High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity Mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Scene Modes
- The DSC-S2100 features 8 convenient scene modes: High Sensitivity, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Snap, Landscape, Beach, Snow, Gourmet
- Easy Shooting Mode
- With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the Easy Shooting mode simplifies the Preview mode.
- Intelligent (iAuto) Auto Mode
- Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you by recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts the settings to produce clear images and faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Take pictures from a kid on the playground, to landscape shots, to a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party and get clear images without leaving Auto mode.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects nine different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Portrait, Landscape and Macro
- Face Detection Technology
- Face Detection technology detects up to 8 individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
- Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming and Red-Eye Correction functions
- Includes Sony PMBP (Picture Motion Browser) Software
- With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-S2100 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.