The Canon PowerShot A490 Digital Camera is a sleek and compact camera that is simple to use and well suited to the amateur photographer. With a resolution of 10.0 megapixels and a 3.3x optical zoom, the A490 provides the performance and features that are perfect for photographing family events, keeping up with children at play, or recording scenes and events during a vacation or business trip.
The camera has everything you need to make shooting fast, easy and fun including a large 2.5" LCD. There is a full range of performance features including enhanced Face Detection technology, and a DIGIC III Image Processor to keep every image looking its best. Two AA batteries provide power for taking many photos and videos and are available everywhere. The camera is compatible with SDHC and SDXC storage cards, offering up to 2TB (SDXC only) of convenient and reliable memory that users can take anywhere.
Even when the light is low, with a high 1600 ISO, and Low Light Mode you can still get great photos without using the built-in flash. Other features include Smart Auto Mode with Scene Detection Technology that recognizes up to 13 different scenes and automatically applies the optimum setting. You can also choose from 14 different scene modes. The PowerShot A490 also features high quality construction and a stylish pocket-size design, making it a perfect travel companion.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With 10.0 megapixels of resolution, you'll be able to capture superb detail and color resulting in beautiful prints with excellent sharpness and clarity at print sizes of over 20 x 30".
- 3.3x Optical Zoom Lens
- The 3.3x optical zoom lens is made to Canon's demanding specifications, and is capable of shooting close-ups, group shots or scenery.
- 2.5" LCD Display
- The 2.5" high-resolution LCD screen is crisp, clear, and bright so it is easy to frame your shots under even bright light conditions. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- High Sensitivity
- The camera features high ISO sensitivity of up to ISO 1600 to reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, providing you with greater shooting flexibility.
- Low Light mode
- With an ISO of 500 - 3200, the Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot A3000 IS where no A-Series has gone before. Now even scenes notorious for having insufficient light, such as those lit by candles, fire, or street lamp, come through in fantastic color and clarity, with less noise. You can keep the feel of the scene intact without adding additional light.
- Smart Auto Mode
- Smart Auto Mode has Scene Detection Technology that recognizes up to 13 different scenes and automatically applies the optimum settings required to capture the best picture.
- Face Detection Technology
- Face Detection Technology makes it easy to take pictures of friends, by tracking faces and providing correct exposure and focus for the best results. Face Select & Track allows one face to be given priority over others in a group if required, while Red-Eye Correction identifies and corrects red eyes, making sure everyone looks their best. The smart FaceSelf-Timer feature allows the photographer to be included in group photos, only taking the shot when an extra face has entered the frame.
- 14 Shooting Modes
- Choose from Auto, Program, Movie, or Special Scene where you can select from settings such as Night, Snow, Indoor, Beach and more to get the best possible image.