The Canon Pixma MX870 Office All-In-One Printer wirelessly brings professional-quality printing, copying, scanning, and faxing to your small business or home office. This Pixma is ready for networking from within range of your wireless router or you can network via its wired Ethernet interface. You can enjoy computer-free printing capabilities via compatible memory cards, PictBridge, and optional Bluetooth, while images are easily viewed on a 2.5" LCD. This printer boasts 9600 x 2400dpi resolution which combines with a 5-ink cartridge system that includes a pigment black ink and 4 dye-based color inks to deliver documents with crisp, clear text, and professional-looking photos with rich colors and contrast.
The MX870 is operated via an Easy Scroll Wheel which makes it easy to view and correct your photos for printing and to access the various features available for faster operation. Its 35-page Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) keeps your workflow going and can save you money with automatic two-sided printing.
This Pixma features Canon's Auto Photo Fix II technology which automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. With Dual Color Gamut Technology, your copies and scans will be superb as the MX870 automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true, even when copying from a copy. The MX870's versatility goes beyond previous models, allowing you to print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch models with the new Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone App, available for free on the app store.
Note! The MX870 does NOT provide direct fax capability under Mac OS X. To send a fax using a Mac is a two-step process: one must print the document and then send the FAX. Direct print from a PC is supported.
- Extraordinary Resolution
- Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with ink droplets as little as 1 picoliter. The MX870 delivers incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- High Performance Individual Ink System
- This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. Only replace the color ink tank that runs out. So, you save money on ink.
- Fully-Integrated Duplex Auto Document Feeder
- The built-in 35 sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) makes it easy to copy, scan or fax multiple documents without having to load them one at a time. Its full integration makes it easier to fit into tight spots and once it's loaded you can do whatever else you want.
- Auto Duplex Printing
- Built-in Auto Duplex Printing prints 2-sided documents without having to manually flip the pages and can reduce your paper consumption by 50%. This means you can automatically copy two sided documents without having to flip any paper manually at all.
- Easy Scroll Wheel
- With the Easy Scroll Wheel you can quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
- 2.5" LCD Screen
- The MX870's 2.5" color LCD screen lets you easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed,
- Auto Scan Mode
In the Auto Scan Mode, the MX870 automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator.
- Dual Color Gamut Technology
- Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it, time after time, copy after copy.
- Quick Start
- Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in approximately two seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- Auto Photo Fix II
- This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area, and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
Wireless printing requires a network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Built-In Ethernet
- The wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer's status at any moment.
- Super G3 Fax
The business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials and up to 250 incoming pages to meet your every communication need.
Note: The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
Note:The MX870 does NOT provide direct FAX capability under Mac OS X. To send a FAX using a Mac is a two-step process: one must print the document and then send the FAX. Direct print from a PC is supported.
- iPhone Printing
Take full advantage of Canon's fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch models.
Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone App, available for free at the App Store.
- Memory Cards, USB, PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth
Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print. Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your USB Flash Drive and digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth.
Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth technology v2.0 and optional Bluetooth unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Plug a USB cable (not included) into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.