The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-F3 is designed with simplicity in mind, without overlooking the importance of style and performance. The 12.1 Megapixel camera has an impressive 4x optical zoom. When your subject is far away use the 7.8x Extra Optical Zoom when shooting at 3 Megapixels.
In the Auto Scene Mode, advanced detection functions work automatically and simultaneously to optimize your settings, making it easier than ever to take beautiful photos every time. It includes Intelligent ISO Control to detect subject movement, Face Detection AF/AE to detect faces in the frame and Intelligent Scene Selector to detect scene conditions. In addition, the DMC-F3 includes Digital Image Stabilizer to detect hand-shake and Digital Red-eye Correction (Red-eye Removal) to take care of the red-eye effect that often happens when shooting with a flash.
The LUMIX F3 also records dynamic High Definition video in 1280 x 720p, at a smooth 30fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480). The 2.7" 230,000-dot resolution LCD is designed so the user can clearly see the subject while shooting still photos and videos. The Panasonic LUMIX F3 is for the casual but frequent photographer who wants a digital camera that is not only small and stylish in design, but that has sophisticated features to help enrich the photo-taking experience.
- 28mm Wide-Angle 4X Optical Zoom Lens
- The 12.1-megapixel DMC-F3 features a 28mm wide-angle 4x optical zoom lens (35mm camera equivalent: 28-112mm) with f/2.8 brightness. The 28mm wide-angle lens lets you easily capture large groups of people indoors or expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and rich perspective. The 4x optical zoom lens captures beautiful shots of people or landscapes with 12.1-megapixel full resolution. Use the Extra Optical Zoom when you want to pull the subject in just a little closer. It extends the 4x optical zoom ratio to 7.8x (35mm equivalent: 218mm) at resolutions of 3 megapixels or less, by using the central part of the CCD.
- Large 2.7" LCD
- The DMC-F3's large 2.7" LCD features a high 230,000-dot resolution Intelligent LCD. It automatically adjusts the brightness in 8 steps according to shooting conditions. This LCD provides sharp, clear images in virtually all shooting situations, ranging from nighttime to bright daylight scenes. And it lets you share the fun of viewing images with family and friends. The High-angle Mode makes the display extremely easy to view from a low angle, for example, when taking photos by raising your hand upward over the crowd to capture the subject.
- Intelligent Scene Selector
- The Intelligent Scene Selector automatically sets the Scene Mode to either of Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery. The camera judges it from the various detection results such as focusing and brightness level of the circumstance. You are free from annoying settings every time scene changes when taking images with these most frequently used Scene Modes to get beautiful results even before you know it.
- HD Movie Recording
- The camera can record motion images in high-definition (1,280 x 720 pixels at 30 fps in Motion JPEG format). The pixel mixed readout method enables bright motion-image recording even in low-light settings. The DMC-F3 can also record full-size motion images in WVGA (848 x 480 pixels at 30 fps) or standard motion images in VGA (640 x 480 pixels at 30 fps) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels at 30 fps).
- Extended Battery Life
- Despite its slim body, the extended battery life of the DMC-F3 lets you take approx. 220 shots on a single charge. The DMC-F3 comes with a function to check whether a battery and the camera can be safely used together. Batteries made by other companies which have been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. Exercise care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot check for themselves before purchasing.
- Scene Mode
- The Scene Mode lets the camera make the optimal settings for you automatically, so anybody can take superb photos with ease. The versatile Scene Mode range, which handles just about any situation and subject type, is a major LUMIX feature. And to make it even simpler to use, the icons and display are designed for easy visibility.
- Record Information
- You can record the name and birthday of your children or pet and embed the information of the name and at which age in year and month the photo was taken on the photo, and choose to print either or both of them on the photo.
- Create slideshows complete with music, and a variety of slide change effects.
- Quick Menu Function
- The functions and settings used most often are quickly and easily accessed via the Quick Menu function.
- Included Software
- The PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.0 allows you to view, edit and archive your captured photos and motion images with greater ease and fun.