The "Captain Stubling" DSLR Bundle from Redrock Micro is a bundled kit designed to turn your DSLR hybrid camera into a professional video rig. This model takes its name from its designer, DV Rebel and VFX guru Stu Maschwitz. Its design reflects his philosophy on shooting: "Put the camera everywhere, stay light, and do it all yourself."
Note: Lens gear no longer included.
- One Support System for All Your Shooting Styles
- The award-winning Redrock Micro DSLR 2.0 hybrid support rigs recognize that video DSLRs change the game when it comes to shooting styles and situations. No longer encumbered by large heavy cameras, DSLR cinema can shoot anytime, anyplace, discreetly and without drawing attention. Switching between motion and still photography is a snap, and your support rig needs to quickly adapt to the various shooting styles enabled by these small cameras.
- Ultra Lightweight & Ultra Portable
- The Redrock DSLR 2.0 hybrid rigs are a new level of portability and lightweight for still and cinema-style shooting rigs. At the heart of this system is the unique patent-pending DSLR baseplate: a lightweight connector to connect the DSLR to 15mm rails as the backbone of any setup. The DSLR baseplate has set screws to eliminate camera rotation for using accessories such as the optional microFollowFocus. As a result, full size accessories are avoided, minimizing weight without sacrificing features.
- Carbon Fiber Rods New as of September 2009
- All DSLR bundles now ship with carbon fiber rods. Redrock's unique process results in precision, incredibly strong rods that are 66% lighter than comparable stainless steel rods.
- Future-proof Accessories
- All DSLR 2.0 rigs are based on cinema standards wherever possible, including the important specs such as 15mm rails, film pitch gearing, and standard filter sizes. Virtually all components can also be used with video cameras, Red cameras (such as Scarlet) and other DSLRs. This keeps your Redrock gear working for you now and into the future.
- Revolutionary Pricing
- In keeping with Redrock's philosophy of affordable ownership, DSLR 2.0 hybrid support rigs can be purchased for hundreds, not thousands, of dollars. You can also add components as your needs grow to adapt your equipment to your evolving shooting style and equipment.