The BlueFish444 Epoch|2K Horizon High Definition 2K Capture/Playback Solution Base Board is a post production card that features a scaling pipeline with 2K preview. The system allows users to cross convert, down convert, and up convert high definition signals while conforming 2K and stereoscopic 3D footage. All scaling is accomplished with hardware-based processors, making it incredibly fast. Features such as DVI, HDMI, 3G-SDI, dual 2k streams, and 2:3 and 2:3:3:2 allow for extreme flexibility.
Most notably, the Bluefish444 line of scalers all take advantage of a 12-bit processing pipeline, ensuring the most accurate scaling in the industry. The 12-bit RGB to YUV color space conversion technique offers 4 times the amount of color space than traditional methods, making compositing and motion graphics a breeze. Additionally, the dual SDI outputs enable original and converted signals to be output at the same time. The system can be configured in a variety of ways, providing additional control over image size, color space, as well as 4:4:4 capability.
- Broadcast Engineering Redefined
- Let's face it, "broadcast quality" 10 years ago is much like comparing VHS is to Blu-ray today! Everyone's quick to boast their product is "broadcast quality", but with the advent of 3G-SDI, 12-bit video processing and Stereoscopic 3D capability, Bluefish444's new Epoch truly delivers what others just talk about. Epoch's 4-lane PCI-e cards have a maximum bandwidth of 1.1GBps delivering full duplex DMA. Add to that the precision of hardware based Color Space Conversion, 2K video resolution and a proprietary RapidFlow+MR2 technology, it's no wonder the cards are the professionals' choice.
- Reliable Hardware
- Thousands of customers attest to using Epoch products in "mission critical" environments such as digital intermediary post and live broadcast where they're running 24/7.
- One notable feature on the 2K Horizon is an installed 3G-SDI 12-bit input, providing the fastest high definition transmission of uncompressed digital data, allowing people to work while using 4:4:4 color space.
- From MR2's routing architecture, to RapidFlow's agnostic scaling and cross conversion options, the hardware upgrade path offers the greatest level of flexibility to the end user.
- Master Routing Resource
- New to the Epoch boards is the software controlled on board master routing resource (MR2). The master routing resource acts like a telephone exchange for super connectivity. Allowing video streams passed to the Epoch video card via BNC or host workstation to be routed to any of Epoch's multiple outputs simultaneously, using the Jetstream and/or VariVue hardware module if desired. The master routing resource (MR2) within Epoch enables a user to flexibly configure the Epoch's main and preview outputs to suit their individual workflow. This flexibility of workflow enables users to make better use of their existing video equipment and time. There is no longer the need for external converters, or, to output or ingest each format required through individual passes.
- VariVue Option
- The VariVue hardware module is an optional dedicated video hardware scaling and preview module that is fitted to the Epoch video card. It acts as a low cost, high quality third preview option to the Epoch video board for LCD, Plasma and Projector devices. Once fitted, VariVue provides the highest quality real-time DVI/HDMI preview options for the Epoch's SDI I/O.
- Jet Stream
- The Jetstream hardware module is a dedicated video hardware scaling module, providing the highest quality real-time video scaling up, down or cross conversion of any video resolution to any other video resolution including, if needed, non standard industry resolutions. Epoch video cards can have up to two Jetstream hardware modules added to effectively double the scaling capacity. Each Jetstream hardware module is intuitively programmed to act singularly or in concert with a second Jetstream hardware module to scale high bandwidth video streams. Accordingly, even the highest bandwidth video signals such as two simultaneous streams of 3G-SDI can be real-time scaled down to resolutions less than SD-SDI if required.