The Schoeps CMIT5UAG is a high quality professional long shotgun microphone that reflects the performance and sound quality expected of Schoeps. The CMIT5UAG is designed for professional film, video and music recording applications, capturing both dialog and instruments with great detail and accuracy. The microphone features a directional pattern with low-coloration at the off-axis sections of the capsule. Low and high frequencies are captured at a wider pick up area than that of mid-range frequencies. The result enables audio engineers to cue the boom and keep actors "on mike" with more precision.
The microphone provides a series of frequency contouring switches. The high-frequency emphasis switch enhances vocal intelligibility and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens. A steep low-cut filter switch reduces wind and handling noise while the gentle low-frequency roll-off compensates for noise caused by proximity effect. LED indicators provide a reading of settings in low-light and the settings are retained after power down.
- Exceptional Rejection of Off-Axis Audio
- Low-coloration of off-axis audio result in a narrow pick-up pattern. Mid-range frequencies are captured at a more generous area for more accurate capturing of dialog.
- Frequency Contour Switches
- Three frequency contour switches provide a high-frequency rise and enhanced vocal intelligibility as well as noise suppression from wind, handling and proximity effect.
- Versatile Sonic Characteristics
- The wide frequency response and sensitivity response characteristics enable the microphone to accurately capture dialog and instruments.