The TU-3 Chromatic Tuner from Boss is a stompbox-style instrument tuner that runs on a 9 volt battery or from AC power. You can plug in any type of guitar or bass and have its output plugged into an amplifier or another pedal. It offers precise and quick tuning with its 21-segment LED meter and note display.
For over a decade, the Boss TU-2 was one of the most popular tuners in the world. The TU-3 carries on the tradition, and adds many useful features that make it even easier to use. With the push of a button you can change the TU-3's operational mode to handle flat tuning guitars, 6 string basses, and more. The brightness of its LEDs can be changed to be seen in direct sunlight.
There are two separate outputs on the TU-3. One mutes the signal so no sound gets outputted when tuning. The other output doesn't mute the signal. Both outputs can be used at the same time, allowing you to pass the instrument's signal to more than one source. The TU-3 also features a DC output jack that enables you to power up to 6 other Boss pedals when using the separately available PCS-20A power cable.
- 21-segment LED meter with brightness control
- High-Brightness mode enhances meter visibility outdoors
- Accurate to +/- one cent
- Accu-Pitch Sign function provides visual verification when tuning is complete
- Chromatic and Guitar/Bass mode (tune by string number, with support for 7-string guitars and 6-string basses)
- Flat tuning is supported with Guitar Flat mode, which allows for "drop" tunings up to six semitones below standard pitch
- Tuner automatically mutes when the tuner is on
- Supplies power for up to seven BOSS compact effect pedals (with optional PCS-20A cable)